Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Zzyzx
Enthusiast
Zzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Opus, Odyssey Frontlight, Kobo Mini
A hello from Norway

Hi all,

I'm new to this. Both e-readers and participating in an English forum. You'll have to excuse all grammatical errors and other errors.

I recently bought a Sony prs-600. I could have waited for the 900 but I saw no point as the wireless feature wouldn't do me any good in this country. Not yet anyway. The Kindle would, though, but I frown upon their EULA and their way of doing business.

For now, I'm happy. In addition to the prs-600 I'm going to buy a reader without the touch feature, just to see what difference the extra feature does to the look and feel of the screen. (No, I don't have too much money but I absolutely love gadgets!)

And I have to say that I love this forum, a lot of questions have been answered already.
Zzyzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Welcome to MobileRead, Zzyzx! It's a great forum and I'm sure you will find the members very helpful.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Welcome to mobileread - enjoy your new gadget!
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Zzyzx and welcome to MobileRead. Don't worry about your English; it is MUCH better than my Norwegian. Ikke bekymre deg engelsk, det er MYE bedre enn min Norsk.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Welcome to MR - the place with heaps of info, help, nice people & fun. Oh and heaps of reading recommendations and free books. I hope you enjoy your reader as much as I do mine. And don't worry about your English - heaps better than my Norwegian (by about 150%) :-)
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
Zzyzx
Enthusiast
Zzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Zzyzx and welcome to MobileRead. Don't worry about your English; it is MUCH better than my Norwegian. Ikke bekymre deg engelsk, det er MYE bedre enn min Norsk.
I guess that Google Translate helped you with that one. Online translation does not do well with Norwegian, for some reason. If I should translate that back to English, it would say something like: "Don't worry english, is much better than my Norwegian". Well, there's a whole grammatical gender thing going on here that is completely lost on all these online machine things.

I'm reading a lot here now because my boyfriend is going to NY in February and I need to get a second reader (yeah, right). They are not exactly readily available here.

Thanks for the welcome, all!
I'm looking forward to continuing my reading both here and on my reader. I might even join a discussion or two in the future.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Tell your boyfriend to pick one up for you in NY; they have lots of them there.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
MAT160
Enthusiast
MAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS-600
Welcome ZzyzK
Like you I'm new to MR and to Ereaders
I also have a PRS 600 and so far I love it (I treated myself to a red one)
You'll finds plenty of help and information regarding your reader from the members (I have)
So, enjoy your reader!
MAT160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Hi Zzyzk, welcome to MR
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hi and welcome to the site.

I actually live near Zzyzx.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
Zzyzx
Enthusiast

It's the most brilliant name ever! I discovered it when a partial Norwegian rock band released an album called Zzyzx. And it was used in the tv series Kyle XY, right? That was when I learned how to pronounce it.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #12
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Yes...they take the name from that very place.

Very kick butt handle you got there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzx,_California
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
ArcticBoy
hooked on books
ArcticBoy doesn't litterArcticBoy doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi and welcome to MobileRead (=Hei og velkommen til MobileRead) Zzyzx !!

Enjoy your PRS-600, which is the same as I have. I have now used it for 6 months and I have yet to see another one using one on the bus or train or anywhere else for that matter.
I have found out I digest more books now than before. Right now I've just started "The cathedral of the sea" bought from the Sony Store.

Stay cool!
ArcticBoy
ArcticBoy is offline   Reply With Quote