Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Books that should be made into a movie...

I am currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin and thought, 'Man, what a wonderful movie that could be!' - something along the lines of Lord of the Rings.

So I wonder, did you ever read a book and thought that it should be made into a movie?
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Yea, tad williams memory sorrow and thorn trillogy
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Hmm. I think I can name a few that shouldn't have been made into movies...
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 07:21 AM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
Hmm. I think I can name a few that shouldn't have been made into movies...
LOL ! I totally agree with you

But I must also admit that Lord of the Rings was a great movie
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I am currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin and thought, 'Man, what a wonderful movie that could be!' - something along the lines of Lord of the Rings.

So I wonder, did you ever read a book and thought that it should be made into a movie?
I've not long finished A Storm of Swords, and I can't wait for the next book. It's not a very happy world, let me tell you, and the kicker at the end of book 3 got my attention

Just about every fantasy film apart from LOTR and Excalibur should probably not have been made, IMHO.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2004, 02:56 AM   #6
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I cannot wait for the thread titled "Movies that should be made into a book..."
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
I cannot wait for the thread titled "Movies that should be made into a book..."
"On Basilisk Station" would make a _great_ movie, IMHO. It's got good characters, moving plotline, and lots of action, so it would probably make the transition to film easily. And introduce Honor Harrington to the unwashed masses!

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:40 AM   #8
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Some of the Terry Pratchett stuff would make some great movies. Hilarious stuff. If done right they'd be great.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
annak178
annak178 began at the beginning.

Agatha Christy's book: And Then There Were None (also published as the Ten Little Indians ) Its a great mystery story. It has already been made into a movie but the movies old It's in black and white. It would make a great movie.

Last edited by annak178; 05-03-2006 at 07:33 PM.
annak178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:18 AM   #10
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett
"On Basilisk Station" would make a _great_ movie, IMHO. It's got good characters, moving plotline, and lots of action, so it would probably make the transition to film easily. And introduce Honor Harrington to the unwashed masses!

Craig.
I'm currently reading all of Honor Harrigton Books on the Iliad (from All cost Baen CD), and i agree it would make great film(s).

Also would love to see 1632 movie. If done right it could be a great movie.
And Richelieu, and all the nobility in 1633 would be great sequel

Cory Doctorow books could also give interesting alternative movies
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I don't think Pratchett would be easily movie-compatible...too much weird stuff going on. Animated could work...but would be hard as well...

I'd actually like the LOTR books to be made into movies...properly this time!
I'm sorry if I tread on peoples feet here, but I found the LOTR movies to be awful.

Don't get me wrong...the movies were good, but they weren't very good adaptations of the story in the book.
Somehow they just weren't "british" enough or something...and too much from the plot was changed, especially stuff that didn't need changing for "shortening" the story!

I'll rather stop here before I go off on a serious rant...^^

A book I'd like to see as a movie..let me think...not the Wheel of Time...that would be impossible...maybe the books of Peter F. Hamilton could be adapted...the Dawn Star Trilogy should work...you could turn it into an ultra gory 18+ horror-shocker...°°

That guy has a seriously sick imagination and likes to show it around...:-)
I like his stories, but the violence is appalling and very "accurately" described...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #12
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
The animated Discworld stuff was great, but diddn't quite capture the feel if Discworld IMO.

I would love to see Heinlein's "Space Cadet" turned into a movie (Yeah it's a YA book, but I first read it when I was 12 and it's one of my 'feel good' books).

But then given Starship Troopers maybe not...
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote