Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Random Insanity

Once I was a member of another forum, a tech forum. In the Off Topic area there was a thread started by a character called "BadLlama" At last count the thread had 9,061 posts in it (by far the longest thread on the site.) Below is a post from that thread summarizing the first three to four thousand posts as written by BadLlama. Reading this almost makes me think I am back at one of Marc's parties sometime last/next week.

I offer it here for your enjoyment. After all, since llamas are bad a "bad llama" must be good.

Quote:
Chapter 1 - The Begging Till The War

The calm order of the Random Insanity section of the forums had been surprisingly undisturbed over its first thousand post. Very few resisted the power and authority of the ruler and king of Random Insanity, BadLlama. The kingdom was filled with many, many fun loving good-hearted people who cared nothing more than fill up a thread with many post. Over time lots of famous public eyes came and left. Heroic figures like Spamassassin, Cashola, Virtuous 1, Xtian, Wrawrat, pav, George Breese, fall-apart and Robshagwell. In the early building days of the Empire there were several public appearances from figures such as CrossCourt, Lord Raiden, Xookliba, Conner, Digital Freak, wdb1966, and Dr. G. Order was wonderful with Badllama in the lead, everything was considered to work out just fine in the eyes of all. Overtime, the empire became more of a nit group of individuals who cared about nothing more than each other and their lack of sanity. One faithful day, a shadowy figured appeared from the night. He claimed to know a better way to run things, a godly way, the way of the deity. Zeus claimed to have an unearthly rule that could overtake Badllamas earthly powers and crush his rain of power; replacing it with a better more powerful leadership. By his side the whole time was DaDragon, fearless sayin of Europe. When time came to claim sides, Zeus found out that not everyone had listened to, nor heeded his words of warning and advice. For on the battle day, it was two versus all. DaDragon powered up and went from sayin to dragon, however nothing could stop the powerful land forces lead by Badllama, the Arial assaults by Cashola’s star fleet, the electronic attacks by Spamassassin, the brilliant naval command of Master Drake and of course the tactics of our own Rwood. These forces combed was a close match to the godly powers that were entitled to Zeus, he however was overwhelmed with the mass and quantity of the opposing army. The battle was long, bloody and a day that shall never be forgotten in the minds of all Random Insaniters for the rest of their lives. The battle was named The Battle of Zeus. For after the war, Zeus and DaDragon stayed as regular posters on the board, and all citizens of Random Insanity accepted them as one of their own. Forgiving them for that bloody battle and all lived in peace and harmony…for then.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So, what you're saying then, is that the Good Professor Wood is the famous Good Forum War Hero Wood as well? I am not surprised. I've always suspected there was at least a smidgen of Jean Rasczak in you: Come on, you apes! You want to live forever?

Cheers
Marc (I'm from Noosa Heads, and I say kill 'em all!)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From Starship Troopers
Quote:
I expect the best and I give the best. Here's the beer. Here's the entertainment. Now have fun. That's an order.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I once started a fart joke thread on Nutrisystems site that lasted over a year and had more that 1500 posts. Haven't checked lately to see if it is still running.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
The unusually high tolerance levels for US threads among the staff is hereby explained. I'm the opposite, on daniweb.com I was an absolute purist. Code tags required, no off-topic posts, violators will be infracted!

Then I came here and introduced Harv and Vera, the rutting rednecks, to the group.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
The unusually high tolerance levels for US threads among the staff is hereby explained. I'm the opposite, on daniweb.com I was an absolute purist. Code tags required, no off-topic posts, violators will be infracted!

Then I came here and introduced Harv and Vera, the rutting rednecks, to the group.
I am sorry to inform you that your serious post in a silly thread will result in you being fined two (2) Zeldas and a Ricky. Any future violations of the provisions of the "silly" tag may result in a Neko fine.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
watch out wood : in 4 posts your post count will be 4444 which is four fours which is therefore one more than four cubed and adds a further dimension to the forum.

can the software handle this ? or are you going to create a tesseract into which we will all fall ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #8
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm fined two Zeldas? The mind boggles at what this might entail. I'm ready: do your worst.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

careful what you ask for.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
watch out wood : in 4 posts your post count will be 4444 which is four fours which is therefore one more than four cubed and adds a further dimension to the forum.

can the software handle this ? or are you going to create a tesseract into which we will all fall ???
You survived the four fours Zelda, as did Bob Russell and Harry. They say it is a life changing event -- time shifts and shums get louder.

I remember passing three threes and it wasn't tto bad. Two twos was a piece of cake. One one was was also life changing as it was my first post here -- it seems like so long ago and like it was yesterday.

Who knows how this new system will work. Perhaps Taylor will enjoy spending two days:
  • living in Zelda's place
  • dressing as Zelda
  • taking care of Zelda's cats
  • doing Zelda's work
While Zelda gets two days off to read.

Then he gets a day as Ricky.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
You survived the four fours Zelda, as did Bob Russell and Harry. They say it is a life changing event -- time shifts and shums get louder.

I remember passing three threes and it wasn't tto bad. Two twos was a piece of cake. One one was was also life changing as it was my first post here -- it seems like so long ago and like it was yesterday.
yes, true, true... but i can't tell you anything as i am sworn to secrecy about every detail of the ceremo-- heu. i've said too much already.

Quote:
Who knows how this new system will work. Perhaps Taylor will enjoy spending two days:
  • living in Zelda's place
  • dressing as Zelda
  • taking care of Zelda's cats
  • doing Zelda's work
i don't know about taylor but i know *i* would enjoy that...

Quote:
Then he gets a day as Ricky.
ouch. all those litterboxes. and woodcutting. he's going to be exhausted.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

I would endure a day as Ricky (woodcutting is fine, the cat wrangling would leave me at death's door) for the Zelda treatment. I'd even dress as her. Smart(ass) Wool socks and MR t-shirts? Yeah, I can handle that.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I would endure a day as Ricky (woodcutting is fine, the cat wrangling would leave me at death's door) for the Zelda treatment. I'd even dress as her. Smart(ass) Wool socks and MR t-shirts? Yeah, I can handle that.
you say that now. those smart(ass) wool socks are a handful (ar ar ar !!).

speaking of mr t-shirts, that reminds me...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #14
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you say that now. those smart(ass) wool socks are a handful (ar ar ar !!).

speaking of mr t-shirts, that reminds me...
You wear wool socks on your hands?

Quote:

* living in Zelda's place
* dressing as Zelda
* taking care of Zelda's cats
* doing Zelda's work

Wood, you forgot, "Listening to Shums scream so Zelda doesn't have to."
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
You wear wool socks on your hands?
That would certainly explain why Zelda doesn't like capital letters. The shift key is awkward with woollen socks on.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness