Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #61
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have a Plastic Logic wiki page that highlights what I have been able to find.
I added more info from press and videos to the Plastic_Logic wiki page. I saw a couple of mentions of WiFi, but also a statement that it was not yet available. All other "wireless" statements could have been about BlueTooth, which definitely is on the device.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #62
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Knowing my luck, the bathsafe version will not be ready before my departure from this planet in 2027. How flexible is that screen?
Good to see you again, yvanleterrible.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #63
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Me too! Me too!

Dale, where's this wiki page you speak of? I can't find it.
Well here it is: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Plastic_Logic

All you have to do is tap wiki at the top of any MobileRead forum page and type in Plastic Logic and hit go. Did you not know we have a wiki?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #64
squonk
Doc
squonk began at the beginning.

Device: nothing
Revolutionary Plastic Electronics Technology

Plastic Logic’s display technology, first developed at Cambridge University, uses highresolution transistor arrays on flexible plastic substrates, manufactured at a low temperature. The promise of plastic electronics is to disintermediate the traditional silicon based semiconductor industry with components and products that are lighter, less expensive, and more environmentally friendly. Plastic electronics technology has broad applicability across many markets. IDTechEx, an industry research group, estimates the plastic electronics industry will be a $30 billion market by 2015.

“Plastic Logic is really innovating on two fronts that represent major market opportunities. We have created fundamentally advanced plastic electronics technology, enabling us to develop reading devices that will transform the way we publish, distribute and consume content,” said Archuleta.

Plastic Logic’s go-to-market strategy will include direct e-commerce as well as partnerships with publishing, distribution, retail, and other information services companies.

The Company is also approaching another significant milestone in commercializing its product with the opening of its new manufacturing facility in Dresden, Germany on September 17, 2008. The factory is the world’s first commercial-scale plastic electronics manufacturing facility. It will begin to immediately ramp production on the Plastic Logic reader.

“Plastic Logic has the technology to take a leadership position that could make a major mark on the e-reading category. This is a Company to watch, ” said Tim Bajarin of Creative Strategies.

Final pricing for the Plastic Logic reader will be announced when the product ships; the Company expects it to be competitively priced among e-reading products. To stay tuned, go to http://www.plasticlogic.com.

A.
squonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #65
squonk
Doc
squonk began at the beginning.

Device: nothing
italian beta tester for plasticlogic

hey i am ready to be an italian beta tester eheheheh !
If it will not crash with me it will not crash with anybody.!!!!!!
bye
A.
squonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #66
Noldi
Noldi began at the beginning.

Device: I'm waiting for plastic logic
From a press release from 2008-05-22:

"The factory will start with one production line
but has space to expand annual capacity to 2.2 million units, Von Werne said."
Noldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #67
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Interesting, but how would you search on it? Anyone who is considering this for technical/professional manuscripts needs to be able to "search" for files or chapters. I look forward to hearing more.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Interesting, but how would you search on it? Anyone who is considering this for technical/professional manuscripts needs to be able to "search" for files or chapters. I look forward to hearing more.
It will have a virtual keyboard you can use on the touch screen. You can use your fingers or I think it also comes with a stylus.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #69
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
It's not targeted at the people who read paperbacks most of the time, it's geared towards business users who need to take a lot of 8 x 11 papers with them for reading and who probably carry a briefcase with them.

For example, I have so often seen attorneys carrying around cases files in boxes ... sometimes three or four banker's boxes at a time ... to and from court. This is the type of person who needs one of these types of reader, so they can carry most or all of their documents with them without lugging around 200 pounds of materials.

No ... I'm not kidding 200 pounds is very common.
I'm not sure this would be the answer. Depending on the interface, I always needed physical paper to lay out at my fingertips. But I suspect folders or tabs could be something that would be useful in that aspect.

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!