Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
anthony81
thaumaturgist
anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW1+2,K5,NST/NST Glow/Kobo Aura
Onyx Boox T68 Available Soon...

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UmwlDflOOfZ
anthony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Stingy
Stingy began at the beginning.

Device: None
A 6.8 inch e-ink reader running open Android 4.0 would be awesome. This is now on my wish list, as long as I can actually import it into the UK.
Stingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Booxtor, Do You think sell this device?

I´m very interesting in it
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
A very interesting e-reader.
If it supports installing any reading app, it will be a very worthy buy.

The problem is the minimun required. 1000 units with a cost of 145$ each
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #5
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Interesting, yes.
Aura HD-like Android based if well made (no bugs)....

Last edited by Manolo; 11-01-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
An obvious symptom of the arrival of new readers Onyx, is the major cuts made ​​by the Spanish distributor of a clone of Firefly (99.90 €) http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...readerTagusLux

Unless some private developer to provide us an alternative firmware, I think we may terminate Onyx official support to Firefly....

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #7
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
Does anyone have any more info about this device?? extended specifications, aprox release date and if there will be any chance that we can get it from Spain?
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

The T68 spec

* Freescale iMX 6 Cortext A9 1GHz CPU
* LPDDR2 512MB
* 4G eMMC
* Android 4.0
* 6.8 Inch screen with 1440x1080 resolution
* Capacitive Touch and front light
* Available on Q1 of 2014

Usage time 6 weeks with front-light and WiFi off.
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #9
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeng View Post
The T68 spec

* Freescale iMX 6 Cortext A9 1GHz CPU
* LPDDR2 512MB
* 4G eMMC
* Android 4.0
* 6.8 Inch screen with 1440x1080 resolution
* Capacitive Touch and front light
* Available on Q1 of 2014

Usage time 6 weeks with front-light and WiFi off.
Thanks for the info Zeng, specs look good. I am waiting for this device to get it... Can you give us an idea of how much will it cost?? what are the chances I can get it from Spain?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #10
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

I don't know neither. I only know that it will be available very soon, Q1 of 2014.
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
jamessy
jamessy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox T68
Hey guys, your thread got me to register, since I'm quite interested in the onyx Boox T68. It seems like the perfect blend between an android tablet and an e-reader!
zeng, from what I understood, they need a retailer that's ready to buy at least 1000 of their devices to start production, so you must know of one that placed an order then?
Otherwise, we could still try to launch a kickstarter to gather enough people for them to star production

Besides that, what have you heard of their e-ink smartphone the Onyx Boox E43? I saw PCmag did a hads-on but it's not very conclusive... http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewe...23&po=1,00.asp
jamessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #12
diegoocampo
Connoisseur

Hi zeng! the first picture in onyx webpage ( http://www.onyx-international.com.cn/ ) looks like the t68! Now that we are already in Q1 of 2014 do you have any new info about the release date or any other kind of info to make the waiting less hard??

Thanks in advance
Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #13
Peleke
Peleke began at the beginning.

Device: Currently: Imcosys ImcoV6L - Soon: Onyx T68
Arrow

It should take 6-7 weeks for full availability AFAIK
Peleke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 AM   #14
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peleke View Post
It should take 6-7 weeks for full availability AFAIK
Since you have the T68, you could talk about the, provide photographs, prints, a small reveiw, etc ...

A greetings -.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:07 AM   #15
Peleke
Peleke began at the beginning.

Device: Currently: Imcosys ImcoV6L - Soon: Onyx T68
Arrow

I don't own it, it is my prospective device ;-)
Booxtor should get it in a week and will write about it here.
Peleke is offline   Reply With Quote