Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
meganasaurus
meganasaurus began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Overdrive in iOS5

I updated iTunes to 10.5 and my iOS software to 5.0 on my iPod touch yesterday. Since then, I haven't been able to transfer audio books from Overdrive to my iTouch. Something is going wrong when it's being converted from WMA to AAC. Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone know a way to get around it? When it's creating the AAC file, everything looks like it's going okay. But at the very end, iTunes will say that the file cannot be synched because the iTouch does not support that type of file.
meganasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
victoria0217
victoria0217 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
SAME HERE!!!
I've been messing with it for a while and got no where.
victoria0217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
meganasaurus

Glad to hear it's not just me! Hopefully either Overdrive or Apple will fix it soon...
Old 10-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
OverDrive
OverDrive began at the beginning.

Device: ALL
Hi Everyone-
We here at OverDrive are aware of the issue and our developers are working to correct it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time of when it will be completed. Please check the following page for an update to OverDrive Media Console for Windows once an update is made available.
- http://www.overdrive.com/Software/omc/
Thank you for your patience. Please contact us again should you need any other assistance.
Brianne
OverDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
Hi Everyone-
We here at OverDrive are aware of the issue and our developers are working to correct it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time of when it will be completed. Please check the following page for an update to OverDrive Media Console for Windows once an update is made available.
Thank you for your patience. Please contact us again should you need any other assistance.
Brianne
Thank you. It's most appreciated by everyone here.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
shred444
shred444 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
i also have this issue using my ipad2 and iphone 4s with IOS5

Waiting to hear when this update is released so i can continue listening to my book.... it just got good :-(
shred444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
meganasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
Hi Everyone-
Brianne
Thank you!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #8
missi1197
missi1197 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD 32g & Kindle Fire HDX 64g
Thanks!! Hope we get a quick update!
missi1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
sparky2
sparky2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Same thing here – I have been working for hours trying to transfer a book I had downloaded. I even loaded OverDrive onto my iPhone 4 and was able to log on to My Digital Account and then whet to My Digital Bookshelf to “Download Titles You Checked Out” but when I go there and see my book, there is no “Download” button! What’s up?

Any help would be appreciated .
sparky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:15 AM   #10
meganasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky2 View Post
Same thing here – I have been working for hours trying to transfer a book I had downloaded. I even loaded OverDrive onto my iPhone 4 and was able to log on to My Digital Account and then whet to My Digital Bookshelf to “Download Titles You Checked Out” but when I go there and see my book, there is no “Download” button! What’s up?

Any help would be appreciated .
I've never been able to download audiobooks on the mobile app itself. I think that you have to transfer it from the Overdrive software on your actual computer to your iPhone using the USB cable. There's currently a bug in the software though. It's not working correctly with the new iTunes and iOS upgrades. I contacted OverDrive on twitter and sent them a link to this thread, and they were kind enough to respond above. It looks like they're working on fixing it
Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Given the length of time that iOS5 has been available to developers, I'm rather surprised that Overdrive didn't check that their software worked before the official iOS5 release.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #12
Ksul530
Ksul530 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad2
Issue with IOS5 and Overdrive Media Console

I am having the same issue with IOS5 on my IPhone 4 and Overdrive media Console. After several hours of trying to figure it out, I gave up and did a google search and found this forum. I hope Overdrive gets this issue fixed fast. I like to listen to audiobooks downloaded from the library.
Ksul530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
sparky2
sparky2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganasaurus View Post
I've never been able to download audiobooks on the mobile app itself. I think that you have to transfer it from the Overdrive software on your actual computer to your iPhone using the USB cable. There's currently a bug in the software though. It's not working correctly with the new iTunes and iOS upgrades. I contacted OverDrive on twitter and sent them a link to this thread, and they were kind enough to respond above. It looks like they're working on fixing it
meganasaurus, I suspect that you are correct. I had never tried to download directly to my iPhone either. It just naturally seems easier to browse the books using a system with a full sized screen (or two) and then download via USB. I became desperate after I finished my last book and wanted to read the next but was unable to.

Before I installed the software on my mobile device I saw a brief comment on the OverDrive site about downloading directly to the iPhone – or not being able to. I do not recall exactly what it said, but I remember thinking that it was not quite clear and that they could not mean that their mobile app intended to download books directly to the phone did not allow downloading books directly to the phone. So I tried it, but no go.

I will just have to wait as the rest of us for a fix for the broken USB transfer operation. Their work will be appreciated.
sparky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
carharr
carharr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color
Overdrive ios5 update?

Has anyone heard any more about Overdrive's progress in fixing this problem? I'm realizing how addicted I am to my audiobooks during my commute.
carharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
shred444
shred444 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given the length of time that iOS5 has been available to developers, I'm rather surprised that Overdrive didn't check that their software worked before the official iOS5 release.
HarryT- 40,000+posts in this forum? How do you even have time to listen to audiobooks?
shred444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobook, encoding, headdesk, itunes, overdrive