Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 AM   #136
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Touch
Simple script to play movies . Just to set GST_PLUGINS_PATH path

gst-launch filesrc location=tom.avi ! ffdemux_avi name=d ! queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1 ! videoflip method=3 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-gray, width=600, height=800 ! eink ! fakesink d. ! queue ! ffdec_mp3 ! volume volume=1 ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw-int, rate=44100, channels=2, endianness=1234, width=16, depth=16, signed=true ! alsasink device=plughw sync=false

Last edited by Ehhh; 05-22-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #137
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Touch
The update sets varible GST_PLUGINS_PATH to "./plugins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Still working on the extension. I might not be able to finish it within a week but am attaching the eclipse project for the current dev version here. It seems to be giving me some trouble with the environment vars so I tried running it through sh (and adding the entry to the policy file).
EDIT: @Ehhh Please modify your einkplayer so that you do NOT need to specify the environment varible GST_PLUGINS_PATH
Attached Files
File Type: gz KTPlayer.gz (11.03 MB, 258 views)
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #138
Novo
Enthusiast
Novo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Don't play anything

[root@kindle ktplayer]# ./einkplayer pluto.avi 5 90 608 800

Enter command:
1 : Play
2 : Stop
3 : Pause
4 : Seek
5 : Position/Duration
q : quit
Error: Internal data stream error.
End of stream
Novo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #139
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
:( um. Cant get it to run. trying....

(einkplayer:16416): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin './plugins/libgstvideoflip.so': libgstvideo-0.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(einkplayer:16416): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin './plugins/libgstvideoscale.so': libgstvideo-0.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(einkplayer:16416): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvorbis.so': libvorbisenc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(einkplayer:16416): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstudp.so': libgstnetbuffer-0.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(einkplayer:16411): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(einkplayer:16411): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_2)' failed

seems to be looking in the wrong places perhaps I will have a play

EDIT:

Nope tried both versions. setting PLUGINS path in vairous ways. it's a no for me. ah well.

Last edited by twobob; 07-02-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Tried both versions
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #140
plan3t.3arth
plan3t.3arth began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
Question HOW???

How to install this on a Kindle Touch (duh) on a mac???
plan3t.3arth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #141
Marcellus
Marcellus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Just saw this new video of the Nook Simple Touch. Nice capabilities to aim for.
Marcellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #142
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
We have kindle programs with that kind of update rate and display quality, with source code. And it works on all kindles (with slower updates on DX/DXG). Look in the geekmaster kindle video player thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177455

Feel free to use my eink "dithermation" code (gmlib) when you port the Sega Genesis emulator to the kindles.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-19-2012 at 10:01 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #143
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Yep. would be nice. I am more or less going in this direction...

anyone who can get me a working kindle SDL?
They will have prboom as a reward... and so will everyone else

in fact that would pave the way for quite a few titles to be ported.

well... we don't have android so in terms of "Developer support" it's a VERY small field...

Ho hum.

I repeat: get me a working kindle SDL , you may have the start of some decent games...

EDIT: I got a working SDL. Sound and almost video

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_SDL

here we come.

Last edited by twobob; 09-27-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_SDL
Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #144
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I repeat: get me a working kindle SDL , you may have the start of some decent games...
Yeah... As we discussed in PMs, my "working" SDL only works on K4/K5, and I want to put my "dithermation" code in there yet so it can support all the eink kindles... And sound is not working. Even when I did a full rebuild with sound support, apps I build with the new one blow up with library version errors and such. Apparently I was using a different toolchain when I built the first version. PITA. I wish I could clone myself so I could get more sleep and still accomplish more... Too many projects in various states of "not done yet"...

Perhaps other people can substitute for my missing clones, to help me complete more stuff.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-19-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #145
twobob

more people = That would be great.

I am currently utterly torn between an International KT and waiting for the PW...
REALLY want to be able to dev for the newer devices... surely the KT and the PW are more or less synonymous? perhaps I should just get the damn KT - I can afford it today and then get the PW when it comes to the UK...

Sigh.

decisions decisions. and I'm in no mindset to make them. gah.
More tea! (sadly decaf, grrrrrr)
Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #146
twobob

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display[Electronics]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
£109.00

meh, I went for that.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #147
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Items Ordered Price
1 of: Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display[Electronics]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
£109.00

meh, I went for that.
I added (one) KT page to the "Kindle HowTo" in anticipation of its arrival.

But as I have mentioned to a few people in PM's - those pages are going to be a long time empty as long as only two people are typing over there.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #148
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I added (one) KT page to the "Kindle HowTo" in anticipation of its arrival.

But as I have mentioned to a few people in PM's - those pages are going to be a long time empty as long as only two people are typing over there.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #149
twobob

It's on my list I assure you.
And thanks Mike that's incredibly thoughtful...

Brain is mush right now - gah - but it will no doubt get itself together RSN.
(please let it, *shudder*)

Let's see if the "Guaranteed" "estimated" delivery dichotomy resolves itself in my favour.

here's hoping
Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #150
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That picture of the Nerd Crew was taken before the party.
Sorry we can't post the "after" picture here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote