Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-05-2022, 04:23 PM   #121
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
That is doable. Makes sense now that I know why it was helpful.

I will add it back.

Edit:: Just added it back to master.

KevinH
Thank you!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:05 AM   #122
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Final Test Builds for new features

Hi All,

We have posted the final test builds for the three new features we have added recently:

1. Shift+click on Replace All in Find and Replace to get a Replacement Filter dialog that shows all of the matches and replacements in context, and allows you to selectively delete any unwanted replacements before deciding to apply the remaining replacements in the table.

2. Shift+click on Count All in Find and Replace to get a Dry-Run Replacement dialog that shows the context for each match and what its replacement looks like and allows you to double-click on any row in the table and be taken to that location in CV for manual editing.

3. In Saved Searches you can now generate a Counts Report (via a button) that allows you to get a table of counts for each search in any search group. You can also save the Counts Reports as a csv file.

See:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Bu...OnMac/releases

And look for build_num-410 (be careful not to grab the Qt6 Beta builds also posted there as those are for plugin developers for porting to Qt6).

We are particularly interested in bug reports related to any and of these new features. These test builds have all previously reported bugs fixed.

Thanks to all previous testers for helping to make Sigil better.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #123
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Hi All,

We have posted the final test builds for the three new features we have added recently:

1. Shift+click on Replace All in Find and Replace to get a Replacement Filter dialog that shows all of the matches and replacements in context, and allows you to selectively delete any unwanted replacements before deciding to apply the remaining replacements in the table.

2. Shift+click on Count All in Find and Replace to get a Dry-Run Replacement dialog that shows the context for each match and what its replacement looks like and allows you to double-click on any row in the table and be taken to that location in CV for manual editing.

3. In Saved Searches you can now generate a Counts Report (via a button) that allows you to get a table of counts for each search in any search group. You can also save the Counts Reports as a csv file.

See:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Bu...OnMac/releases

And look for build_num-410 (be careful not to grab the Qt6 Beta builds also posted there as those are for plugin developers for porting to Qt6).

We are particularly interested in bug reports related to any and of these new features. These test builds have all previously reported bugs fixed.

Thanks to all previous testers for helping to make Sigil better.
This is brilliant.

Question: in the "Counts Report", if I click on the header to modify the sort order, it seems to restart the entire count. Is that expected? It's not necessarily a problem, I am not sure I would really need to modify the sort order often / ever, just thought I would mention it just in case.

Other question, the dry run does not seem to be compatible with (multiple) groups of saved searches, is this intended? I am not sure if it's a bug or just that the dry run is only meant to be used for one search at a time, which would be reasonable.

This is what I mean:

Spoiler:
1. load a group of saved searches (click on the name of the group then "Load Search") and do a dry run (Shift + Replace All) or possibly any action (same thing happens if you click directly on Find)

2. click on the name of a new group then "Load Search": the first search of the new group is not "loaded" into the F/R dialogue and the dialogue is not reset, it still displays the previous search, and if you try a dry run, the result is of the previous search still displayed in the dialogue.

Same result if you select more than one individual search (CTRL + click the names of the searches) then "Load Search".

If you click on "Load Search" and then "Find" it will launch the search series and stop on the first result, but then the dry run will only show results for that search, not the entire group.

If you select one individual search then "Load Search" it is immediately loaded into the dialogue and the dry run etc. works as expected.
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:11 PM   #124
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Hello,
I noticed two things when I was researching a question someone had asked.

- On Saved Searches, the controls option doesn't have an option to Target Marked Text (ctrl-shift-M). The only option would be to leave the controls field blank and then make sure you set up the controls before running the saved search.
-- Can you add that control option? Or, better yet, can you allow an option to run the saved search only on the highlighted text, instead of requiring the ctrl-shift-M to mark the text each time??

- The only shortcut key I found related to Saved Searches was to open the SS dialog.
-- Is it possible to allow a shortcut key to run the first few/several saved searches...much like you have a limited number of clips. Maybe the first x number of searches starting from top to bottom on the SS dialog, or a checkbox on the SS to designate it as a shortcut enabled search item??

edit: oops...I posted this in the wrong thread... can someone move this to the "Sigil Requested Changes Under Consideration post Sigil-1.9.2 "
thread

Last edited by Turtle91; 04-12-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:29 PM   #125
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes any change in sorting will completely recreate the table so that the overall total always is placed at the bottom regardless of column sorted on.

And yes, by design can not run dry-run on multiple searches on the same target files as each pass through the files will mess up the previous searches calculated match positions, changes potential match context, and would miss matches that are built up from earlier replacements.

So a dry-run table must represent a single search over the set of target files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
This is brilliant.

Question: in the "Counts Report", if I click on the header to modify the sort order, it seems to restart the entire count. Is that expected? It's not necessarily a problem, I am not sure I would really need to modify the sort order often / ever, just thought I would mention it just in case.

Other question, the dry run does not seem to be compatible with (multiple) groups of saved searches, is this intended? I am not sure if it's a bug or just that the dry run is only meant to be used for one search at a time, which would be reasonable.

This is what I mean:

Spoiler:
1. load a group of saved searches (click on the name of the group then "Load Search") and do a dry run (Shift + Replace All) or possibly any action (same thing happens if you click directly on Find)

2. click on the name of a new group then "Load Search": the first search of the new group is not "loaded" into the F/R dialogue and the dialogue is not reset, it still displays the previous search, and if you try a dry run, the result is of the previous search still displayed in the dialogue.

Same result if you select more than one individual search (CTRL + click the names of the searches) then "Load Search".

If you click on "Load Search" and then "Find" it will launch the search series and stop on the first result, but then the dry run will only show results for that search, not the entire group.

If you select one individual search then "Load Search" it is immediately loaded into the dialogue and the dry run etc. works as expected.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-12-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Advert
Old 04-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #126
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Marking is only useful in the current file. You can not just use highlighting without marking as the current selection can be changed by clicking in CV, spellchecking, clicking in Preview, etc. Thus ExtraSelections are used via marking.

So if you set the target to Current File and you have properly marked text in the current file's CV then it should use it even from Saved Searches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Hello,
I noticed two things when I was researching a question someone had asked.

- On Saved Searches, the controls option doesn't have an option to Target Marked Text (ctrl-shift-M). The only option would be to leave the controls field blank and then make sure you set up the controls before running the saved search.
-- Can you add that control option? Or, better yet, can you allow an option to run the saved search only on the highlighted text, instead of requiring the ctrl-shift-M to mark the text each time??

- The only shortcut key I found related to Saved Searches was to open the SS dialog.
-- Is it possible to allow a shortcut key to run the first few/several saved searches...much like you have a limited number of clips. Maybe the first x number of searches starting from top to bottom on the SS dialog, or a checkbox on the SS to designate it as a shortcut enabled search item??

edit: oops...I posted this in the wrong thread... can someone move this to the "Sigil Requested Changes Under Consideration post Sigil-1.9.2 "
thread

Last edited by KevinH; 04-12-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:30 PM   #127
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Yes any change in sorting will completely recreate the table so that the overall total always is placed at the bottom regardless of column sorted on.

And yes, by design can not run dry-run on multiple searches on the same target files as each pass through the files will mess up the previous searches calculated match positions, changes potential match context, and would miss matches that are built up from earlier replacements.

So a dry-run table must represent a single search over the set of target files.
Okay that is what I suspected. Makes sense. Thanks for explaining.
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote