Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-17-2021, 03:06 PM   #31
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I have just pushed Ashjuk's new images and Banjo's new chapter and associated images plus a bunch of minor edits to the preface material to the sigil-user-guide repo we have on github. Many of the images have been renamed to remove numeric pixel sizes from their naming. I have not deleted those yet but I will in time. You may get a spurious warning about images not in the OPF message on load.

I have posted a version of the user guide consistent with this push to the sigil-user-guide repo. As I make changes to the repo, I will reflect them in updated versions of the user guide in epub form for those who want to work with it that way.

I will attach this epub version to the first post in this thread so it is always available.

Thanks to Ashjuk and Banjo for their contributions to Sigil. I will be adding a list of Contributing Authors to the Title Page before the new user's guide is released.

Right now that list of contributing authors (in nor particular order) includes:

- Doitsu, DiapDealer, KevinH, Banjo, and Ashjuk. If others have contributed to earlier versions of the User Guide please let me know and I would be happy to add you to the list.

Thanks!

Last edited by KevinH; 02-17-2021 at 03:53 PM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:30 PM   #32
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
I am working on the User Interface chapter and plan to do Preferences after that.

I was making screenshots as I worked, but I see you have updated the photos with Ashjuk's screenshots. Did you update any text as well, or just the screenshots? I feel a bit befuddled as to how to proceed. I don't really want to start over ...
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2021, 03:58 PM   #33
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have only touched preface material (dates, version numbers, etc). All images were updated from Ashjuk's repo. Nothing has been changed in the UI and Preferences chapters as you had claimed them. Feel free to use your updated images or those from Ashjuk. Feel free to change any text you want to. I will worry about synchronizing things so you do not have to.

Thanks,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
I am working on the User Interface chapter and plan to do Preferences after that.

I was making screenshots as I worked, but I see you have updated the photos with Ashjuk's screenshots. Did you update any text as well, or just the screenshots? I feel a bit befuddled as to how to proceed. I don't really want to start over ...
Old 02-17-2021, 04:18 PM   #34
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Sounds good. I will keep moving forward (at my admittedly slow pace). Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #35
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
A few fixed graphics:
1. Back to link (active icon with a color)
2. The Find/Replace panel with a visible chevron (it is mentioned in the text and therefore its visibility in the pictures is important)

@Ashjuk: In your screenshots, the toolbar layout is heavily modified (which shouldn't be surprising, unless most users have a favorite layout). However, in the case of documentation, it is probably better to adapt it to the layout after a fresh installation, possibly hiding the "Index" toolbar to fit the whole thing to a width of about 1200 pixels. Something like one of my pictures below, of course apart from the icon bars IMHO would be better off giving the default "puzzle" icons.
Of course, this is just a suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	find-replace-basic.png
Views:	112
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	185436   Click image for larger version

Name:	find-replace-example.png
Views:	115
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	185437   Click image for larger version

Name:	find-replace-options.png
Views:	110
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	185438   Click image for larger version

Name:	default-toolbars.png
Views:	103
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	185439  
Attached Images

BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2021, 05:55 AM   #36
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi Ashjuk,

I am working to integrate your new images into the user's guide.

Would you please regenerate the main Metadata Editor window image with the pre-release Sigil-1.5.0 build as opposed to Sigil 1.4.3. The way the default Metadata editor looks now has changed considerably since Sigil 1.4.3.

I have created my own image from Sigil-1.5.0 but it looks quite inconsistent against your new images since I am working on a mac.

Thanks!

Kevin
Sorry about that - I will redo it and upload right away.

Edit:

I have just looked at the metadata editor window in the version of 1.5.0 that I have and it looks the same as the one I originally uploaded - not sure what's going on.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1613646285

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	metadata-editor-2.png
Views:	163
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	185444   Click image for larger version

Name:	about.png
Views:	156
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	185445  

Last edited by Ashjuk; 02-18-2021 at 06:05 AM.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:12 AM   #37
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
A few fixed graphics:
1. Back to link (active icon with a color)
2. The Find/Replace panel with a visible chevron (it is mentioned in the text and therefore its visibility in the pictures is important)

@Ashjuk: In your screenshots, the toolbar layout is heavily modified (which shouldn't be surprising, unless most users have a favorite layout). However, in the case of documentation, it is probably better to adapt it to the layout after a fresh installation, possibly hiding the "Index" toolbar to fit the whole thing to a width of about 1200 pixels. Something like one of my pictures below, of course apart from the icon bars IMHO would be better off giving the default "puzzle" icons.
Of course, this is just a suggestion.
Good suggestions, Becky - I will redo those images and re-upload them to Google Drive.

Last edited by Ashjuk; 02-18-2021 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #38
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I was still seeing the old image after updating so there must be a slight difference in file name used so it did not replace the one linked. I will track it down and get it fixed.

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Sorry about that - I will redo it and upload right away.

Edit:

I have just looked at the metadata editor window in the version of 1.5.0 that I have and it looks the same as the one I originally uploaded - not sure what's going on.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:33 AM   #39
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
I was still seeing the old image after updating so there must be a slight difference in file name used so it did not replace the one linked. I will track it down and get it fixed.

Thanks,

KevinH
OK - I thought it must be something I was doing my end.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #40
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Actually, I checked the repo link you posted earlier and still see the following under the file name "metadata-editor-new.png".

Am I looking in the wrong place?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...E03ldjIG-Cvks7

This is the place I have grabbed all your new images from. If it is the wrong place, please point me to the right place so that I am getting the latest versions.

Quote:
OK - I thought it must be something I was doing my end.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	538059BF-5B3A-4777-B667-CC528DD26D71.png
Views:	104
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	185447  

Last edited by KevinH; 02-18-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #41
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Actually, I checked the repo link you posted earlier and still see the following under the file name "metadata-editor-new.png".

Am I looking in the wrong place?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...E03ldjIG-Cvks7

This is the place I have grabbed all your new images from. If it is the wrong place, please point me to the right place so that I am getting the latest versions.
Yes that's the right place for the latest versions.

I have not updated that image as it was taken from the 1.5.0 version I have installed. From what you said earlier it is not correct, or have I got that wrong?

If it's wrong I don't know what to replace it with as that is the dialogue box that appears when I either click on the icon or Tools/Metadata Editor.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:55 AM   #42
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Ashjuk,

With Sigil-1.5.0 you should be seeing something like what you attached to your recent post.

Notice that it has no dc:creator used anymore just Creator, etc

Yet when I look at the that google drive you posted I am still seeing the dc:creator version.

Please compare these images to see the difference. The first is what you just posted to Mobileread, the second is what I am seeing from your Google Drive link.

Thanks,

KevinH
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	metadata-editor-2.png
Views:	106
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	185449   Click image for larger version

Name:	538059BF-5B3A-4777-B667-CC528DD26D71.png
Views:	106
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	185450  

Last edited by KevinH; 02-18-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:06 AM   #43
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Hi Ashjuk,

With Sigil-1.5.0 you should be seeing something like what you attached to your recent post.

Notice that it has no dc:creator used anymore just Creator, etc

Yet when I look at the that google drive you posted I am still seeing the dc:creator version.

Please compare these images to see the difference. The first is what you just posted to Mobileread, the second is what I am seeing from your Google Drive link.

Thanks,

KevinH
Sorry about that Kevin - it's me being dumb.

I will upload a new version straight away.

Ashley

Edit: Done
Old 02-18-2021, 11:41 AM   #44
KevinH
Sigil Developer

No Problems! Thank you!

Quote:
Sorry about that Kevin - it's me being dumb.

I will upload a new version straight away.

Ashley

Edit: Done
Old 02-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #45
Banjo
Zealot
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
There are two links in the file "manage_plugins.html" that result in 404 errors when I click on them. The two files, testplugin_v013.zip and Sigil_Plugin_Framework_rev8.epub apparently are no longer available in the repo :

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/tree/master/docs.

We might want to update those links while we are fixing things.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote