Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
First Video of Digital Reader...

First posted by Aidan in the iRex forum.

Here it is:

http://blip.tv/play/gYxSzuc9hcEB

Gogolo

Edit: What worries me a bit: Between every page flip (in a pdf) it appears "Please Wait" - it seems slow to me.

Tribble (as the for now only lucky owner): Is this really so slow? Thanks.

Last edited by Gogolo; 09-24-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Is it just me, or does it seem to be processing a lot for page turns. I sure hope that's not typical ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
ayhanb
ayhanb began at the beginning.

Device: q1u
end of the scene what happend its broke

Last edited by ayhanb; 09-24-2008 at 12:22 PM.
ayhanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
hmm, rendering of pages was a bit slow. And the screen broke! That really boosts my confidence regarding improved screen protection
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayhanb View Post
end of the scene what happend its broke
As the host said, "It's caput!"

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That link doesn't work for me - IE7 says "Error on page - object expected".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Try it in FireFox? (ducks for cover)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
cIIIz
cIIIz began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch & Sony Reader 505
to all the people who have the iLiad, is the wacom more responsive in DR than the iLiad as shown in the video ?
cIIIz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #9
cIIIz
cIIIz began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch & Sony Reader 505
Arrow

sorry double post

Last edited by cIIIz; 09-24-2008 at 02:30 PM.
cIIIz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
ppxnouse
Connoisseur
ppxnouse began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
As the host said, "It's caput!"

BOb
Damm, I was sooo happy when I saw the marketing guys confidence to allow the interviewer to throw it onto the floor... You can see in the video, that it broke when it landed.
My 6inch eInk broke from just carrying it around in my bag in the Cybook cover all day. So I guess I will need a Peli case for that to stay alive in my bag for more then a month.
ppxnouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
Boris
Enthusiast
Boris began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC, a broken Iliad V2
The "please wait" only appears a couple of times on the second PDF, is it possible the device is opening the first page quickly then caching the rest of the document in the background? I.E. if you left it on the first page longer would the page turn then skip the "Please wait" stage

Just a thought, if so it would make opening a large PDF more enjoyable as you could start reading more or less instantly as opposed to the Iliad where you'd be waiting ages for the first page.

Pity about the screen breaking. I'm looking forward to the Plastic logic's handling of the same test. If it survives it's my next reader
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The "please wait" only appears a couple of times on the second PDF, is it possible the device is opening the first page quickly then caching the rest of the document in the background? I.E. if you left it on the first page longer would the page turn then skip the "Please wait" stage
Could be. I think that's how Adobe reader on windows works.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Try it in FireFox? (ducks for cover)
Using the google cache! (puts on flame retardant underwear)
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post

Just a thought, if so it would make opening a large PDF more enjoyable as you could start reading more or less instantly as opposed to the Iliad where you'd be waiting ages for the first page.
That's basically how the iLiad works. It pre-renders the next page (and caches it in memory) while you're reading the current page. Some pages are a lot more complicated than others (especially with graphics), so occasionally you notice a slow down on certain page turns. I wouldn't be surprised if the DR does something similar.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #15
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Something is buggy about the page caching on the iLiad, though, because sometimes it slows down for very ordinary pages....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote