Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 05:35 AM   #61
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
KevinH,
I recognize in a discussion last week an issue with auto cleaning by opening EPUB's. Sometimes there are files what are not part of a declaration in a manifest (e.g. watermarking as soft DRM). A switch in preferences for preventing Sigil to delete these files (if needed) would be a benefit to avoid accidentally deletions.
It is nothing important but useful if it will be some when implement.

Best regards,
DD
Old 10-12-2015, 01:34 PM   #62
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
I did not think Sigil would delete an unmanifested file, uless you asked it to. It might move files into Misc. So please cite a specific instance of a file name, type, file extension, and where exactly located in the epub zip hierarch upon import, so I understand why it as not just moved into Misc. That way I can build my own test case to see this.

KevinH
Advert
Old 10-13-2015, 05:54 AM   #63
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello Kevin,

Yes it did and I didn't ask for it. But maybe I overlook something. All auto cleaning options in preferences are unchecked.

Here is an example file. The file is password protected. You will find the PW via PM in a view minutes.
Best regards,
DD

Edit: Delete attached file

Last edited by Divingduck; 10-13-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #64
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi DivingDucks,

Thank I just now grabbed if you want to delete it.

Kevin
Old 10-13-2015, 09:27 AM   #65
Divingduck
Wizard

Thanks. I delete it.

DD
Advert
Old 10-14-2015, 05:16 AM   #66
vltncr
vltncr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi all

problem with TOC in Windows 10 64.
system frozen

tanks
Old 10-14-2015, 09:05 AM   #67
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi vitncr,
Please report your version from Sigil About menu. If it is Sigil-8.900, that bug has been fixed in Sigil-0.8.901 (just out last week).

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltncr View Post
Hi all

problem with TOC in Windows 10 64.
system frozen

tanks
Old 10-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #68
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi vitncr,
Please report your version from Sigil About menu. If it is Sigil-8.900, that bug has been fixed in Sigil-0.8.901 (just out last week).

KevinH
Also I think more information about the actual workflow would be helpful. Which type of TOC, steps to repeat, etc. It always baffles me that sometimes an error/bug report is essentially nothing more than 'it doesn't work, make it work', without even specifying what 'it' is...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #69
vltncr

Quote:
Hi vitncr,

KevinH

Hi, KevinH
version 0.8.901

In the version 0.8.900 Windows closed the sigil .
Now, the system freezes (message: the program is not responding).

excuse me the errors. I do not speak english, I'm brazilian.

thank you all.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #70
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi vltncr,

This may be a new error then. Can you post a sample epub (no commercial epubs please) where this happens for me to test with? Does it happen repeatedly with the same epub? Or was it just one time?

Thanks,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltncr View Post
Hi, KevinH
version 0.8.901

In the version 0.8.900 Windows closed the sigil .
Now, the system freezes (message: the program is not responding).

excuse me the errors. I do not speak english, I'm brazilian.

thank you all.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #71
vltncr

Quote:
Hi vltncr,

This may be a new error then. Can you post a sample epub (no commercial epubs please) where this happens for me to test with? Does it happen repeatedly with the same epub? Or was it just one time?

Thanks,

Kevin
Hello, Kevin. I am sending the epub file. I created a new file and have tested just the titles. It worked and generated TOC. Then added the html that is giving problem. After that, I can not generate the TOC. In versions 0.7 and earlier did not occur this problem. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: epub test.epub (167.9 KB, 168 views)
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #72
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Confirmed. TOC generation works in pre-0.8.9. I just installed 0.8.901 and get the same fault.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #73
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
hmmm. I was able to generate an .ncx and an HTML TOC with the test file. No freezing or any other problems with .8.6 Must be a new problem??
Old 10-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #74
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi vitncr,

Yes, I can see this on my machine as well. I fear that the mutex locks limiting access to the parse routines in gumbo may be an issue, and there exists a path where a deadlock happens. Not sure if this is the issue, but with your test case, I should be able to track it down.

Thank you for your bug report and especially the test case!

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 10-14-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #75
vltncr

Quote:
Hi vitncr,

Yes, I can see this on my machine as well. I fear that the mutex locks limiting access to the parse routines in gumbo may be an issue, and there exists a path where a deadlock happens. Not sure if this is the issue, but with your test case, I should be able to track it down.

Thank you for your bug report and especially the test case!

KevinH
Thank you for your attention.
Closed Thread