Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

I think this problem is my fault. The damn tr() function to actually translate text is actually what is returning blanks instead of the message it is supposed to show.

I think this is because somehow I have generated a base.ts that seems to be seems to be missing all file info and line numbers. I compared it to the base.ts that was in the Sigil 0.8.X branch and it properly had line numbers and did not display this empty message nonsense.

So I have taken a chance and rebuild cleanly base.ts so it now has all of the file info and line numbers in it and will upload it to transifex for translating. Hopefully I have not lost anything by doing that but that was the only way to fix the issue and get the messages back for me.

I will check out things tomorrow to make sure I have not messed up any other language translations doing it. I have my fingers crossed.

But my what a strange problem!

KevinH
Old 10-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I noticed something today about "jiggling boxes" that may help track it down... hopefully it's not a red herring.

Sigil 8.7:
I extended my desktop so that one monitor (primary) had the preview pane all to itself, the other monitor had Sigil. When I tried to change a S&R option ("This Page" to "All HTML pages") the box just jiggled and did NOT drop down to show the list of options. When I returned the preview pane to it's rightful place (docked on the right side of the window) and went back to displaying only on the secondary monitor...then the problem went away.

So, this very well may be a QT5 issue that doesn't have anything to do with 8.901

Cheers,
Preview is on my Upper Monitor, Sigil Main is on the Lower
Advert
Old 10-06-2015, 12:08 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

I think this problem is my fault. The damn tr() function to actually translate text is actually what is returning blanks instead of the message it is supposed to show.

I think this is because somehow I have generated a base.ts that seems to be seems to be missing all file info and line numbers. I compared it to the base.ts that was in the Sigil 0.8.X branch and it properly had line numbers and did not display this empty message nonsense.

So I have taken a chance and rebuild cleanly base.ts so it now has all of the file info and line numbers in it and will upload it to transifex for translating. Hopefully I have not lost anything by doing that but that was the only way to fix the issue and get the messages back for me.

I will check out things tomorrow to make sure I have not messed up any other language translations doing it. I have my fingers crossed.

But my what a strange problem!

KevinH
Hey! If it was easy, we would all be writing code
Old 10-06-2015, 02:55 AM   #19
gipsy
Connoisseur
gipsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Select some text in code view - click to Superscript. Sigil crush.
I try to duplicate it without result.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:31 AM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is this with Windows? If so, it may be clipboard related. I have not been able to duplicate this subscript issue on Linux or Mac. If you run into it again please let us know.

KevinH
Advert
Old 10-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi All,

Given the very few bug reports, I think we have achieved some sort of stability here. We will wait a few weeks in case anything else shows up and then declare the pre-release series done and release a very slightly updated version (hopefully with working messages in Find/Replace), plus a number of other minor changes) as the official Sigil 0.9.0.

Thanks all for your continued use and bug reports.

KevinH
Old 10-06-2015, 10:27 AM   #22
gipsy
Connoisseur

Yes Kevin, in Windows 10
Old 10-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #23
gipsy
Connoisseur

In the previously releases when you save and you have something like this...
Code:
       <p class="subtitle">      ΠΕΡΙΘΩΡΙΑΚΑ
</p>
it changes to
Code:
      <p class="subtitle">ΠΕΡΙΘΩΡΙΑΚΑ</p>
Now it doesn't work, I tried it with the two Cleaning types (at Windows machine).

EDIT: Another example
Code:
        <div class="footnote">
          <p>[1]       Some text.
 [<a href="#id001" id="ftn.id001">↑</a>]</p>
        </div>
Old 10-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #24
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,
The change you want makes no sense as it removes whitespace that may in fact be part of the paragraph both before and after the exact text (up to one character of each.

Quote:
Code:
       <p class="subtitle">      ΠΕΡΙΘΩΡΙΑΚΑ
</p>
it changes to
Code:
      <p class="subtitle">ΠΕΡΙΘΩΡΙΑΚΑ</p>
Now it doesn't work, I tried it with the two Cleaning types (at Windows machine).

Yes, pretty print has changed a lot, It will no longer trim whitespace from inside of paragraph tags as it should not since whitespace can be important both before and after any text (at least up to one character's worth).

Quote:
EDIT: Another example
Code:
        <div class="footnote">
          <p>[1]       Some text.
 [<a href="#id001" id="ftn.id001">↑</a>]</p>
        </div>
And how would you expect this to turn out? Is there at least one char of white space after the footnote marker and before the "Some text." and after the text?

I am not sure either of these are bugs. You seem to be asking for the old Tidy approach of a deep clean. I am sorry but those days are pretty much gone. If you want me to modify prettyprint to reduce multiple spaces into one space inside of the p tag, that may be doable, but stripping it all away is simply incorrect.

KevinH
Old 10-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #25
gipsy
Connoisseur

The old days the last example turn to...

Code:
        <div class="footnote">
          <p>[1](space)Some text.[<a href="#id001" id="ftn.id001">↑</a>]</p>
        </div>
It's not a problem if they stay like this. The reader displays them right.
Thanks KevinH
Old 10-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #26
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

So do you think prettyprint should ignore the newline and completely remove it as opposed to replacing it with a single space? See the extra space below:

Code:
        <div class="footnote">
          <p>[1](space)Some text.(space)[<a href="#id001" id="ftn.id001">↑</a>]</p>
        </div>
Otherwise, you can see things like:
Code:
<p>
This
is
a
line
of
text.
</p>
become:

Code:
<p>Thisisalineoftext.</p>
instead of:

[code]
<p>This is a line of text.</p>
[/code.

So dropping newlines and not replacing them with spaces can lead to nonsense just as easily as it can lead to good things. That is why I try to have prettyprint leave whitespace inside of tags alone as much as possible.

KevinH
Old 10-06-2015, 05:57 PM   #27
gipsy
Connoisseur

My mistake. The pretty in 0.8.7 change it like your code, with a space after "Some text".
And I don't want to completly remove the newline

But the
Code:
<p>
This
is
a
line
of
text.
</p>
in 0.8.901 stays as is that is a little confusing in code view, instead of 0.8.7 that changes to
Code:
<p>This is a line of text.</p>
edit: As for
Code:
<p>This<br/>is<br/>a<br/>line<br/>of<br/>text.</p>
if you save some poetry, and you want to see it in code view. In 0.8.901 with pretty and google, stays as is, without line change after the break tag

Last edited by gipsy; 10-06-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:18 PM   #28
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,
Okay, I can live with changing newlines to spaces and replacing a sequence of multiple spaces with a single space when text is inside a tag like p. I will try to play around with gumbo prettyprint to do that hopefully without breaking anything else.

KevinH
Old 10-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #29
gipsy
Connoisseur

Thanks KevinH,
leave it as is now and focus to other things for the next release
As I say and before, it's not that important.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #30
pete6055
Connoisseur
pete6055 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello:

Very nice release guys!

I do, however, have a question:
Will the next non-beta release rewrite the tags:
Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
at the top of html documents? Sigil 8.6 did so, depending on how clean source was set, but the new gumbo-parcer and gumbo-pretty print seem to handle this differently.

I sometimes start with html from the web, and the initial declaration is sometimes different, so short of copying the snippet to before the <body> tag, is there a more efficient way (perhaps a plugin)?

Thanks….
Closed Thread