Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
GavinK151
Enthusiast
GavinK151 began at the beginning.

Device: none
trivial question - cleaning the screen?

Hi,

What is the best way to clean the Iliad screen? Mine is very dust looking now. I dont want to use anything I should'nt - I imagine using a lint free cloth like those you get for glasses are OK but what is the recommended method?

cheers!

Gav
GavinK151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A "microfibre" cleaning cloth, such as is sold to clean glasses, camera lenses, etc, works fine. All I do is gently dust it with a handkerchief to get rid of the dust, then breathe on the screen and clean it with the microfibre cloth to get rid of fingerprints, grease, etc.

The outer surface of the screen is a hard plastic, so it's a lot tougher than the screens with "touch sensitive" surfaces (PDAs, etc). You're not going to damage the screen through gentle cleaning.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
personally, i can even clean the screen with just a run of the mill (bath)towel, but if you need cleaning beyond that, slightly moist (Water!) should clean off most of it
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
GavinK151
Enthusiast
GavinK151 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
personally, i can even clean the screen with just a run of the mill (bath)towel, but if you need cleaning beyond that, slightly moist (Water!) should clean off most of it
hi thanks guys - I am going to try a dry microfibre cloth first I think!

I did notice in the manual it suggested a damp cloth by I am a bit wary of water and gadgets :-)
GavinK151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
if you need more then a dry clean, you can use the cleaning solution you'd use for glasses along with your microfiber cleaning cloth.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
I use my breath and my T-Shirt.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote