Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
patatucca
patatucca began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle 3 in Italy -- questions!

Hi, I'm a new user here, and I'd like to buy a Kindle. I'm really interested in the 3G & wi-fi options the Kindle offers. However, I've been reading various threads in this sub-forum and I'm sort of concerned it won't work as well as I want it to once I buy it & it's delivered. (I'm currently living in Italy.) If I can only browse Wikipedia, it's not really worth the money, for me.

I was planning on buying the Kindle from amazon.com-- there's a very new amazon.it site, but it redirects to amazon.com. I'm not really going to buy any ebooks from amazon.com's store-- I will mostly use it to read Greek & Latin classics, or medieval poetry & literature books, which I can easily find on the internet for free. I also read a lot of fanfics, so the 3G & wi-fi coverage sounds really appealing to me.

Are there any Italians here who can help me out? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by patatucca; 01-07-2011 at 01:50 PM.
patatucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by patatucca View Post
Hi, I'm a new user here, and I'd like to buy a Kindle. I already have a Hanvon WISEReader-- but I'm really interested in the 3G & wi-fi options the Kindle offers. However, I've been reading various threads in this sub-forum and I'm sort of concerned it won't work as well as I want it to once I buy it & it's delivered. (I'm currently living in Italy.) If I can only browse Wikipedia, it's not really worth the money, since I already have a e-reader.

I was planning on buying the Kindle from amazon.com-- there's a very new amazon.it site, but it redirects to amazon.com. I'm not really going to buy any ebooks from amazon.com's store-- I will mostly use it to read Greek & Latin classics, or medieval poetry & literature books, which I can easily find on the internet for free & legally. I also read a lot of fanfics, so the 3G & wi-fi coverage sounds really appealing to me.

Are there any Italians here who can help me out? Thanks in advance!
look over in the Lounge. at the top of the page there is information about starting an Italian forum. I am sure you will find many Italians there to ask. welcome to the forums! ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
patatucca
patatucca began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
look over in the Lounge. at the top of the page there is information about starting an Italian forum. I am sure you will find many Italians there to ask. welcome to the forums! ;o)
Oh, thank you very much! I just posted a new message in that thread. Thanks for the welcome! I'm really glad I found this site.
patatucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Oh, thank you very much! I just posted a new message in that thread. Thanks for the welcome! I'm really glad I found this site.
my pleasure! enjoy!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
my pleasure! enjoy!
Advert