Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #151
christie
christie began at the beginning.

Device: pda, K2, nook
I would like to nominate Musashi Flex by Steve Perry. There is a nice romance between Lazlo and Cayne. It is the prequel to the Matador Series.

The Musashi Flex
Follows the development of the 97 steps of sumito as well as the biochemical enhancement later used by Confed soldiers. The protagonist is a professional fighter, Lazlo Mourn, who walks the Musashi Flex, an illegal underground martial arts competition named after Miyamoto Musashi, which features both armed and unarmed combat.

blurb from back of book I got off Amazon:
Lazlo Mourn is a battle-scarred veteran of the extreme martial arts game known as the Musashi Flex. But just as he's ready to hang up his blades, his moves evolve toward a form of fighting unlike any the galaxy has ever seen...

Journalist Cayne Sola's ambition knows no bounds--and not even the most blood-hungry Flex fighter can match her fierce determination. She wants a big story on the games--and she'll get it...

A billionaire several times over, Ellis Mumbo Shaw has everything money can buy--except fame on the Flex field of combat. And one untested drug puts that within his reach...

Warrior. Infiltrator. Upstart. Their fates will intertwine--and be decided--in the bloody arena of the Musashi Flex. And if they survive, their story will become legend.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #152
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraNNy View Post
After Google searching around, it seems that Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase is the perfect regency romance book. I've never read it, but a lot of people seem to like it, so I'll nominate it.
I third this.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #153
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Feel the PASSION of old and young love!

Feel love that is AGONIZING and painful!

Find out what it means to LOVE again!

Yes, you too can experience the joys, heartbreak, and remembrance of old passions that rise to the surface like a boil ready to burst!

Read:

LOST HORIZON

by

James Hilton

This timeless tale of romance transcends the petty genres of typecast fiction. I am recommending this book.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #154
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by christie View Post
I would like to nominate Musashi Flex by Steve Perry. There is a nice romance between Lazlo and Cayne. It is the prequel to the Matador Series.
Is this in the Romance genre? It doesn't sound like it. But, what do I know about romance?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #155
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Someone else nominated Naked in Death and I was seconding it.
Yes, I know. I wasn't sure if the original message was a nomination or just a suggestion of books men might like.

BOb
Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #156
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
LOST HORIZON

by

James Hilton

This timeless tale of romance transcends the petty genres of typecast fiction. I am recommending this book.
Sorry, is this a nomination?

BOb
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #157
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm, sounds like we may have to implement Robert's Rules or Order.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #158
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sorry, is this a nomination?

BOb

Yes. It's a love story.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #159
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
ARGHHH!!!! HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF YOU'VE NEVER READ ONE???????

Sorry guys, my head is going to explode.
My words exactly.

Jon, if you don't like the idea, read something else. No one's forcing you to read it. See you in March.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #160
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
When I learned that February was Romance month, I have to admit I was less than thrilled, but the passion this genre has brought out in the group has cemented in my mind that I will give it a try. I just hope the book is as good as this thread has been.

Jim
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #161
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmm, sounds like we may have to implement Robert's Rules or Order.
Or eat donuts and drink
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #162
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
Or eat donuts and drink
and CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #163
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsmith View Post
When I learned that February was Romance month, I have to admit I was less than thrilled, but the passion this genre has brought out in the group has cemented in my mind that I will give it a try. I just hope the book is as good as this thread has been.

Jim
Old 01-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #164
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsmith View Post
Not sure it could be - but you never know what happens. Stay tuned, this is MobileRead!

For anyone interested and curious about 'romance novels', about the why, what and wherefore, I can warmly recommend 'Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches' Guide to Romance Novels'.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #165
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Not sure it could be - but you never know what happens. Stay tuned, this is MobileRead!

For anyone interested and curious about 'romance novels', about the why, what and wherefore, I can warmly recommend 'Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches' Guide to Romance Novels'.
That is a great book
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote