Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 08:58 PM   #121
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Any version of mac able to run the version of Sigil being downloaded should be perfectly capable of extracting the archive. There's a link in the release notes to a document that describes exactly how to extract the txz file.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #122
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrault View Post
I am trying to download the Mac version of Sigil 1. The file has a txz extension. I have Apple's expander plus three others. None can open the file.
I've just tested this on an older Mac and when I double-clicked the .txz file, it was automatically unpacked by the built-in Archive Utility app.

1. What's your macOS version?
2. What's your Archive Utility version?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:07 AM   #123
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I've just tested this on an older Mac and when I double-clicked the .txz file, it was automatically unpacked by the built-in Archive Utility app.

1. What's your macOS version?
2. What's your Archive Utility version?
Really?? I have a 2-year-old Mac running High Sierra and Archive Utility 10.10. Double-clicking results in a cpgz file.

I use the Terminal commands provided in the link DiapDealer mentioned. It's great fun, actually, watching Sigil unpack itself in the Terminal window. Plus, using Terminal commands makes me feel like a big girl

That said, when I boot same Mac from external drive running Catalina, double-clicking .txz does unpack Sigil straightaway.

How old is this Mac of yours and what OS is it running?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:25 AM   #124
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
How old is this Mac of yours and what OS is it running?
I tested this on the Mac of a friend. The OS is Yosemite 10.10.1 and the Archive Utility version is 10.10. AFAIK, the only other archive app installed on the Mac is Keka (freeware).
Maybe Keka added system-wide .txz support?
Can you please download and install Keka? You should then be able to select Open With > Keka to unpack the .txz file. If that doesn't work either, another third party app must have added .txz support.

Edit: Apparently txz support was added in Yosemite. Maybe it was removed in later versions.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:08 PM   #125
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
The Unarchiver also works (which is the app suggested in the release notes).

But as far as I can tell, the Archive Utility that comes with High Sierra (and likely earlier macOS versions) won't extract a txz. But the Catalina version will. Don't know about Mojave.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:52 PM   #126
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
It was broken for a while because the choice to compress or decompress got broken.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:21 AM   #127
asleyam
Enthusiast
asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle voyage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
The Unarchiver also works (which is the app suggested in the release notes).

But as far as I can tell, the Archive Utility that comes with High Sierra (and likely earlier macOS versions) won't extract a txz. But the Catalina version will. Don't know about Mojave.
Mohave has native support for extraction of the txz files.
asleyam is offline   Reply With Quote