Device: none
Red face Which tablet should I get?

I want a tablet that is
compatible with Kindle
reads PDF files
Can read the above files to me out loud
Is super fast - to do stock trading - which I'm not doing too well at
can access the internet wirelessly

I haven't kept up with technology, although I've been around a long time. Remember the Apple 2E, or C+.

I don't know the first thing about tablets, but I use a laptop. I have no idea what Android is or what is the latest technology. I have found that you don't always need the latest technology, just enough to meet your needs.

So what tablet would you recommend and why?

Last edited by 2eternity; 12-21-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling errors
2eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Call someone in the stock business to see if an android would work. Dell has an 8 inch with 2 ghz processer .. Venue (android or windows .. one or the other, not both on same rig).

You might go to Best buy and Staples and play around with some rigs and ask lots of questions.

I'm thinking a full windows rig might be best for the power and speed you want.

Android has some limitations though growing up quickly.

Know there are varieties of windows which are all called windows 8, so be sure the one you need is the one you get.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Couple more thoughts.

Wireless.. you need to have internet access .. if you want it everywhere you will have to buy service and a tablet that can use that service .. others might help with info.

Kindle and pdf .. either android or windows rigs can do that.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
Couple more thoughts.

Wireless.. you need to have internet access .. if you want it everywhere you will have to buy service and a tablet that can use that service .. others might help with info.

Kindle and pdf .. either android or windows rigs can do that.
As can iPad. The Amazon site shows what they have apps for and any of them can read PDF although some PDF readers are better than others.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
andriod, kindle, tablet pc