Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
emes71
emes71 began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Jetbook firmware 0.34c

New firmware for jetbook
ftp://custftp:FQSswyvGQ20So@ftp.ecta...JL04-0.34c.exe
emes71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by emes71 View Post
Yippee! Hoping for some new fonts....
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
thanks.. updated the firmware version at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70171

mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Like I said before: Add hyperlinks and the jetBook will be the world's best (non)e-ink Reader on the market - and the least expensive.

Hesitate on this...and the world will pass Ectaco by.

Remember: I own a jetBook.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
What is the difference between 0.33g and 0.34c firmware?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by emes71 View Post
I couldn't get it to install.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
akira28
Nameless Being

The update is failing for me too. The Jetbook site still says .33g is the newest.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
The md5 checksum in the file is not right.

Mmmmm will calculate a new one and modify the file to see if it will burn

Ok patched the md5sub_32 file and it still fails the update.

Last edited by gr8npwrfl; 01-19-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: updates
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #9
emes71
emes71 began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
The update is failing for me too. The Jetbook site still says .33g is the newest.
Me too , i tried a few times
emes71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #10
jerrywojo
Connoisseur
jerrywojo began at the beginning.

Will the new firmware allow DRM content?
jerrywojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wasn't 0.34c offered discreetly as a Beta about 4 weeks ago?

I remember there was something available. I installed it, and I could see nothing remarkable about it, so I uninstalled it and then installed the latest one from Ectaco's website. (I wasn't running the current version at that time.)

Does anyone remember that Beta from about 4 weeks ago?

Don
Old 01-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
yes I do that was 33h version and it was unstable. Dumped it and went back to 33g.

The 34c is supposed to have drm support and all the fixes that are current in the 'lite' version of the firmware
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8npwrfl View Post
yes I do that was 33h version and it was unstable. Dumped it and went back to 33g.

The 34c is supposed to have drm support and all the fixes that are current in the 'lite' version of the firmware

Thanks, gr8npwrfl - you have a better memory than I do!

So: This current version (if it can be installed) has the DRM support that we've been looking for?

Great!

Don
Old 01-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Like I said before: Add hyperlinks and the jetBook will be the world's best (non)e-ink Reader on the market - and the least expensive.

Hesitate on this...and the world will pass Ectaco by.

Remember: I own a jetBook.

Don
I agree, I recently purchased the latest issue of Analog Science Fiction and Fact, and found it virtually unreadable on the JetBook because of its heavy reliance on the TOC. I ended up reading it on my Android cell phone instead.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #15
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Anybody actually got it to install? I had the same issue, and I've mailed Pavel about it just a bit ago. I'm wondering if it's because I downgraded from 33h to 33g, or if there's a problem with the loader. It fails on my jetbook before it even gets to the prompt asking if I want to upgrade. Anybody get further than that?
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote