Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
swedish11
swedish11 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Formatted internal memory...what now

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help me;
After my cybook file structure became corrupt, i tried to reformat the sd card and the internal memory.

I have tried al sort of ways to reflash, but it seems that the cybook wouldnt want to start the reflash. It just goes to the library and than states no books in library.

Any idea what i need to do? How can i get the file structure back on the internal memory?
swedish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
You have to copy the file "update_kernel" into the root-folder of the sd card.
When powering up your cybook make sure you keep the centerbutton pressed once the first boot image is shown and don't release it.
Then you will see a new screen explaining that the update is in progress - wait for it to finish and you should be fine.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
pjeanetta
pjeanetta began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Hi, it looks like Cybook works - so no need to update kernel again.
If I understood correct, his files are gone - well, that's normal if you format something.

You'll need to copy them back (hope you have saved them somewhere).
pjeanetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:44 AM   #4
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the filestructure is gone aswell (what would happen if he formated the internal drive using the pc) he should be able to get it back with a firmwareupdate, hence the instruction

Last edited by Pulp; 04-21-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
swedish11

Thanks for the reply.
It seems that the cybook is working, the problem is cant copy the file structure back on it, and therefore no files in the library.
Also it seems that reflashing is not working, it skips the sd card where i put the kernel on.

Ideas?
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
Pulp
Palm Addict

Did you follow my instructions in Post #2?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
swedish11

Yes, i tried to do it the way you and the Bookeen website suggest.
The kernel is in the root of the SD card and when i reboot i hold the centre button. What happens is that it just starts up, just like if when i dont press the button.

Am is missing something obvious? I did flash my cybook before and it worked before.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Pulp
Palm Addict

Wait for the first boot-screen to show up, then press the center button (don't keep it pressed while pressing the powerbutton).

If it still does not wirk you might want to try a differend SD-card.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you seeing the "SD" symbol in the lower right corner of the library screen? That indicates that the CyBook is "seeing" the SD card.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
To clarify about the reflashing:

As soon as you see the first splash screen (the one with the black background), press the central button of the navigation control AND KEEP IT PRESSED IN until the screen flashes white and enters the firmware update process. You often have to hold it in for 20 seconds or so before it starts the reflash.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
By the way which version do you have actually? if it's newer than the 796 you could be unable to install this version...

(and all you can do is contact bookeen, or wait for the nearly_ready_but_no_release_date update that will surely provide a 8??fmt version)

Last edited by Godzil; 04-21-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
swedish11

I can see the 'SD' symbol so that's a good sign. I have tried all possible combinations with the center button. But will shortly try again.

I do have version 820 installed. Could that be the problem? Is the only route to go to contact bookeen?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #13
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I'm think it's the only way, does the About say "400Mhz" ? if yes, I don't think that <802 firmware version support them, I'm not sure, but you should contact them, it's the better way to know
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 AM   #14
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
What file system did you use when you formated the internal memory and the SD card?
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote