Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
maxarsys
maxarsys began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung NS102sp Netbook/Macbook Pro 2012
Howto automatic retun line in calibre ?

Hi, I just got some ebooks and I m trying to make automatic retun line because everytime i read i have to follow the line until far and i want it to automatic return line at the end of the screen.

I guess it s easy but i cant find it and it s verz annoying

Thanks for your help
maxarsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxarsys View Post
Hi, I just got some ebooks and I m trying to make automatic retun line because everytime i read i have to follow the line until far and i want it to automatic return line at the end of the screen.

I guess it s easy but i cant find it and it s verz annoying

Thanks for your help
EPUB flows to available screen dimensions.
If you are using the Calibre-viewer, narrow the view/move the buttons to the edges/turn on the TOC
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
maxarsys

Thx for your advice but i dont really understand what you meant "on the toc". I can move easy using the mouse and the 2 fingers horizontal scrolling but it s not really precise. I wish we could just have a a rss script to automaticily make a line return, it is for me a must that seems to be missing, it s really disappointing.

Regards
Old 11-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thx for your advice but i dont really understand what you meant "on the toc". I can move easy using the mouse and the 2 fingers horizontal scrolling but it s not really precise. I wish we could just have a a rss script to automaticily make a line return, it is for me a must that seems to be missing, it s really disappointing.

Regards
2 fingers?
What are you reading on (and what program)?

there are no 'returns' in HTML (used inside EPUB)
There are tags.
There is a <BR /> tag.
Over/misuse destroys the Reflow of EPUB
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
maxarsys

I am using a Netbook N102sp my girlfriend bought it for her and it was sale with windows and it was very very slow so i installed linux mint 13. with calibre(installed with synaptic) and everything rox despite the backreturn option because she is using it to read most of time .About the 2 fingers scrolling, MATE (window manager based on Gnome ) has two fingers scrolling option for the track pad (like mac OS X ) .

So maybe is there is a way to converte all her books sgain but add an option to have a backreturn ? Unless EPUB is abble to read /convert .lit with backreturn ?
How do i make a tag using EPUB ( is it another program or it s included in Calibre ?) ?

Regards

Last edited by maxarsys; 11-06-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Missing details
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
@theducks
Quote:
horizontal scrolling
Suggests that the document is not flowing but requires manual left/right scrolling. Is this something to do with .LIT format?
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
maxarsys

yes exactly but i dont know how i converted again the database and it works fine but i am having other issues that need a new thread
thanks for your help