Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #886
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameleon2605 View Post
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1
Try
Code:
ls -la /mnt/us/*.img
You should see a file called mmcblk0p1.img, otherwise the dd command (of course) won't work because it tries to read a non-existent file. If the file is named differently, either rename it, or substitute the correct filename in the dd command. But of course, make sure that it actually IS a main partition image.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #887
cameleon2605
cameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle touch
Hello

i try it again i got this image kt_5.0.0-mmcblk0p1-main.
i Put this image into the Kindle want to rename it to mmcblk0p1.img,than i go back and start putty i give the command dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K and get a error that the file not be found . so i go back and but the first image name kt_5.0.0-mmcblk0p1-main go back sart putty and give this name in the commandline than it work, make a reboot and now i got the same restart again and again i dont know what to do

cameleon2605
cameleon2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #888
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Hello

i try it again i got this image kt_5.0.0-mmcblk0p1-main.
i Put this image into the Kindle want to rename it to mmcblk0p1.img,than i go back and start putty i give the command dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K and get a error that the file not be found . so i go back and but the first image name kt_5.0.0-mmcblk0p1-main go back sart putty and give this name in the commandline than it work, make a reboot and now i got the same restart again and again i dont know what to do

cameleon2605
You need to flash a 5.0.0 main kernel to match that main partition image. Perhaps your kernel and image do not match, which could cause the problem that you described.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #889
cameleon2605
cameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

i got the kernel and main 5.0.0 and now putty says no space left on device
i must clean the kernel but dont know how i can do it, all stuff was helpful and now i got this problem thanks
i dont have any idea more.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #890
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i got the kernel and main 5.0.0 and now putty says no space left on device
i must clean the kernel but dont know how i can do it, all stuff was helpful and now i got this problem thanks
i dont have any idea more.
You need to delete some things from your kindle USB drive (/mnt/us in PuTTY). Then try again when you have enough free space. Perhaps rename the file BEFORE copying it to the kindle?
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #891
cameleon2605

Ok and how i can delete the hole stuff, can i give /mnt/us/ in putty and than i can see what is on the drive sorry for all this questions.

thats what i got in the kindle when i go over usb : diagnostic logs
documents kt_5.0.0-mmcblk0p1-main
and usb net

and what files from this side i need [url]http://pastebin.com/Wdw4L7yT
and have to rename thanks a lot

cameleon2605

Last edited by cameleon2605; 12-01-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 AM   #892
cameleon2605

Thanks to all

i get it back and now it work again

best site ever
Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #893
geekmaster

Quote:
Thanks to all

i get it back and now it work again

best site ever
I am glad that you got it fixed. I added your success report to the list in the first post.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #894
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
i tried to fix my kindle earlier by using this to restore it to factory(the built in function wouldnt work it'd just freeze up) so i followed this to the tee but aftre flashing the rootfs, it Just wont reboot.
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #895
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
i tried to fix my kindle earlier by using this to restore it to factory(the built in function wouldnt work it'd just freeze up) so i followed this to the tee but aftre flashing the rootfs, it Just wont reboot.
You must flash matching kernel and rootfs. You must not confuse main and diags images. You did not say which kindle, or which firmware version, or where you got it. You might have a bad kernel image. It would help A LOT to know some of these things so we can help you...
Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #896
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

the images linke din the pastebin post for Kindle 3.0.2 (and its obvious if you actually look at me which kindle i have a si listed it in person profile i have a Kindle Keyboard Wifi only with Special Offers)

though inside aftre seeing some images of Kindle Keyboards apart mines missing a hardware Reset.

(sorry for low quality my good camera seems to dislike dollar store cheapies, so all i have is my DSi)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyjsi3xpk6tq3wl/HNI_0027.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7y3tpwew7rkn0l/HNI_0028.JPG

Right above where teh slider is there SHOULD be a hardware reset. but there isnt one.

Last edited by CaelThunderwing; 12-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #897
CaelThunderwing
Zealot

sorry to bump (as edit on the above post is gone on my end) strangely enough my XP machine i cant keep it in bootstrap mode long enough now to flash the rootfs, so i'll leave it to charge on my main pc for 4 days, but after a few mins of swapping. the windows 7 x64 pc sees a "SE Blank Ringo"
Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #898
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
the images linke din the pastebin post for Kindle 3.0.2 (and its obvious if you actually look at me which kindle i have a si listed it in person profile i have a Kindle Keyboard Wifi only with Special Offers)

though inside aftre seeing some images of Kindle Keyboards apart mines missing a hardware Reset.

(sorry for low quality my good camera seems to dislike dollar store cheapies, so all i have is my DSi)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyjsi3xpk6tq3wl/HNI_0027.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7y3tpwew7rkn0l/HNI_0028.JPG

Right above where teh slider is there SHOULD be a hardware reset. but there isnt one.
It is a known production change.

Nothing on this site that I have seen mentions using the button for anything.

The pads are still on the board (although other parts may not be), add a button and then tell us what it does.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #899
CaelThunderwing
Zealot

i've had my K3 WSO Wifi on the wall charger for 2 days now, but when i load it up to reflash, it fails a few mins in only on root fs,
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #900
CaelThunderwing
Zealot

anyone have any ideas? i really want to recover my K3 Wifi w/SO ;-;

Tags
debricking