Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
ScreenSavers ...

This may be a silly question, but I've never even noticed. Do the screensavers actually change on the Kindle (I mean, like every few seconds or minutes, automatically)?

Because they aren't changing since I applied the SS hack ...
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, they don't. One image per sleep cycle.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Okay, thanks! I'm going to bed now, before I "fix" anything else.
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, they don't. One image per sleep cycle.
What he said...

I do wish there was a way to change the screensaver duration so you could just cycle through them - just to see what they looked like, if nothing else - but I guess since the e-Ink screen doesn't burn in, (as I learned yesterday ) it doesn't matter that one screensaver stays "stuck" on for hours at a time. Or at least, until the next time you wake up your reader to read.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Actually, I placed the screensavers I created today into a folder in the pictures folder and can page through them that way (k3). I converted pictures from a recent two week hiking trip using irfanview. I cropped prominent sections, converted to BW, added "return to sender" info and made them screensavers.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Actually, I placed the screensavers I created today into a folder in the pictures folder and can page through them that way (k3). I converted pictures from a recent two week hiking trip using irfanview. I cropped prominent sections, converted to BW, added "return to sender" info and made them screensavers.
That's a good way to see what they look like on the Kindle! I didn't think about doing that.

Once you put your pictures in your screensaver folder did you just delete them from your pictures folder? (I wouldn't think you would want duplicate files taking up space on your Kindle, but maybe so if you still wanted to look at/share your vacation/hiking trip pictures without waiting for them to show up as a screensaver.)

Holly
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am still pretty new to the Kindle and the hacks. At the moment I've left the "screensaver" images in a photo folder, too. But since they have added text "return to sender/reward" type info, they are really no longer as scenic! I will probably clean them out. But I'm still tweaking so this way they are on the Kindle for additional tweaking.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
OakIris
Addict

Quote:
I am still pretty new to the Kindle and the hacks. At the moment I've left the "screensaver" images in a photo folder, too. But since they have added text "return to sender/reward" type info, they are really no longer as scenic! I will probably clean them out. But I'm still tweaking so this way they are on the Kindle for additional tweaking.
You actually use the Kindle to tweak the pictures? Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying in your post. I would have thought it would be easier to tweak via PC/Mac and then download (upload?) to the Kindle, but that's just me. I tried using the Kindle browser just once and found it nearly unusable - which didn't bother me, really, since I bought the Kindle for reading, not for its Internet capabilities (or, IMHO, lack there of!) - so I can't imagine trying to edit photos on it.

Holly
Old 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
FF2
Wizard

I simply have the original photos around on my k3 for tweaking. I would connect the k3 to usb and use an editor on my computer to play with the images. I already have to change them as my owner info (phone number) has changed. I will probably provide an email address rather than phone number on the next tweak-go-around.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
OakIris
Addict

Quote:
I simply have the original photos around on my k3 for tweaking. I would connect the k3 to usb and use an editor on my computer to play with the images.
I get it now! I was really wondering how anyone could tweak photos using the Kindle's rather rudimentary controls!

Holly