Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #16
Msan
Enthusiast
Msan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
Well I got my order in a week or so ago also. Lets see if they ship tomorrow...
I wish they would have additional shipping options instead of the free 10-14 day ground one..
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #17
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msan View Post
I wish they would have additional shipping options instead of the free 10-14 day ground one..
I'm not even sure how you'd ship something for it to take that long. If you're shipping from within the US, there just aren't many options that can take more than a couple of days.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #18
Corran006
Connoisseur
Corran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3
Does the Kobo website change tax if you live in Canada?

This is what its telling me.

Product Qty Subtotal
Kobo Aura 1 $149.99
Subtotal $149.99
Shipping $0.00
Grand total $149.99

I wonder if it would be better to order from chapters.indigo? who are you ordering from if you live in Canada?
Corran006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #19
Msan
Enthusiast

thats what mine said as well, but the order conf email (and my CC charge) says:

Quote:
Item Sku Qty Subtotal
Kobo Aura Black N514-KU-BK-K-EP 1 $150.39
Quebec Environment Handling Fee: [$0.40]
Subtotal $150.39
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Grand Total $150.39
Not sure about the Quebec fee, as I'm in BC.. Maybe they will revise it when it actually ships..
Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
There's an eco-fee in Quebec Province, I wonder why you get it though. I guess they forgot to charge only folks from Quebec.

Nonetheless, pretty much impossible there's no tax.

Anyone got his confirmation yet?
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #21
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
DELETED

Last edited by jersysman; 09-11-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
eReaderRay
New Guy
eReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to beholdeReaderRay is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura
I ordered, from the US, the Aura on 9/10 direct from Kobo. On 9/11 they charged my credit card in full($149.99). However, I did not receive an email shipping notice or any order confirmation.

I called Kobo to inquire about my order, only to be told they don't know the status of my order. The person was polite but not very helpful. Finally, after delays, they "escalated it to tier 2 direct sales department. They will respond by tomorrow,hopefully

Kobo customer service is lacking in real help. I knew better than to order from them, given the problems with Kobo Glo buggy software I had. I really like the aura so I'll just wait to see if it is as good as the reviewers say. If not, I will return it right away and order the Kindle PW2.
eReaderRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
Msan
Enthusiast

I received an order confirmation, but no shipping notice yet..
Old 09-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReaderRay View Post
I ordered, from the US, the Aura on 9/10 direct from Kobo. On 9/11 they charged my credit card in full($149.99).
I ordered mine on August 28, direct from Kobo. The full price appeared on my card, but then disappeared a few days later. I am waiting for it to reappear, since that would probably indicate the item shipped.

(It has not yet reappeared)
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #25
Haldir
Haldir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
I ordered my Aura from Kobo UK, my CC is billed from the first day of the orderm they even verified the order with me via Email. I haven't received any shipping confirmation yet.
Haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msan View Post
On the website it says: "***Pre-Orders begin shipping on September 11, 2013.
Maybe someone will get one by Friday. Look forward to reading some user reviews.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
Shifty4Ever
Shifty4Ever began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
FYI. I ordered 9/3 just received the invoice.

It's funny, they don't give a tracking number.
Shifty4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #28
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty4Ever View Post
FYI. I ordered 9/3 just received the invoice.

It's funny, they don't give a tracking number.
I ordered on 8-31 and just now got my invoice. I have no idea how it is being shipped, other than "ground shipping". I searched all through their website and couldn't find any info on shipping.

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #29
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I ordered 8/28, got an invoice (edited: it was an order confirmation, not an invoice) immediately and the CC was charged (not pending, which I thought was odd). A couple days later the charge disappeared. Just now I got an actual invoice and my credit card has the charge back as pending. I expect my new baby to be winging its way here soon! My Glo and Aura HD both took about three days to arrive after shipment, so I'm hoping the Aura will get here that fast too. So far no actual shipping notice, but the charge on the credit card is a good sign (although my Aura HD showed shipped for over a day before the CC charge went from pending to a full charge) so maybe it's in a big ole stack of Auras ready to cross the border into the US right now.

Last edited by selina4books; 09-12-2013 at 06:17 PM.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #30
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
I ordered on 8-31 and just now got my invoice. I have no idea how it is being shipped, other than "ground shipping". I searched all through their website and couldn't find any info on shipping.

Mary
Mary, my Glo and Aura HD were both shipped by Canada Post. I could track them from the Canada Post website until they went through customs, and from then on through USPS tracking. As I stated in my last post, they both took about 3 days to get here (Minnesota US) from Canada. I got separate shipping notices after the invoices with tracking numbers. HTH!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote