Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #76
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I have 2 dedicated e-readers (Sony T2 and a Kindle 4) plus I use MoonReader Pro which is half price in august for those interested, on my phone and my samsung tablet.

My favourite dedicated e-reader is the Sony T2. I bought the K4 when it was on a heavily discounted sale, so I could download my beloved bought books to calibre to make them "mine". (I use a different OS than the Kindle desktop supports). But I still do use the Kindle on occasion and sometimes loan it to the children, who might want to read a book I bought.

Once in a while I forget to stick my Sony in my purse, and I am glad I have my phone. (I am new to mobile phones, too, having just bought my first one 3 weeks ago).
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #77
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
My 300 is bricked.
My T1 is for novels, mostly from public libraries.
My TF101 is for journal articles, textbooks, magazines, and kindle freebies that I can't be bothered converting. And for searching my local library for ebooks to download to the T1, since it has a *much* better browsing experience.

I would like another e-ink epub reader as backup, as I have been in the unenviable position of my only ereader dying when I was not able to replace it for several months (due to being in an extremely remote location) however now that I am (1) able to replace quickly and (2) have the tablet for backup, I'm in no particular hurry and can wait for the right device at the right price. I'm also considering a second tablet to overcome some of the shortcomings of the Asus, but it's a much larger investment and consequently harder to justify.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #78
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Tablet for pdf files and comics, kindle for fiction, novels. So far works great.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #79
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I just have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). I've added an iPad Mini to my collection, sure not just for reading but its a more convenient size than the big iPad I just cant seem to help myself, though I have resisted Kindle in its hardware format (have kindle app on the iDevices, and on the Androids I use Moon Reader + Pro, one of only two Android apps I thought worth spending money on)
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #80
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I just have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).
Me too, and in addition I had a mild case of UAS (U as in ukulele) earlier in the year, which is definitely a worse condition for the bank account. Ah, how nice it would be to be rich.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #81
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
I have a kindle fire HD and a acer a500 android tablet, since getting my tablet I find I am not using my kindle fire as I have kindle app, kobo app and moon reader pro on my tablet .
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #82
Stephjk
Cruiser
Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, samsung galaxy tab note
Kobo Glo as main e-reader, kobo mini loaded with travel guides as it fits easily in a pocket and a Samsung tablet with kindle app for books I can't convert with Calibre (but mainly for the internet!).
Stephjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #83
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
ITs simple: DRM
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #84
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluum View Post
i asked this question before, but it got deleted : angry::a ngry:

(and i wrote something long), i am lifeless for trying..

anyway, why do people have more than one e-reader?
One for light and one for dark.

And one because while it is slow and old and buggy, I can use it for backup.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #85
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The kindle paperwhite is my main reader. I have 2 kobo minis that I use for commuting as they are more portable. I also have a nook simple touch which is a backup 6 inch reader in case anything happens to my kindle. My galaxy tab 2 10.1 and iPad mini are for reading comics and magazines. I use my phone occasionally when I don't have an ereader to hand or its more convenient to use the smaller device, or when I'm hiding the fact that I'm reading!

Last edited by shanghaichica; 08-27-2013 at 02:33 PM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #86
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I camp a lot (tent, no electricity) and, after the daily hike, I read until sleep time. So I need at least 2 ereaders (PW & Nook Glowlight) and maybe more depending upon the length of the trip.The Kindle Fire is for anything with pictures.

I use both the Fire and the K Touch for audio books. The Touch is often synched when I must charge the PW, plus the 3G is handy when I don't have wifi. I have a silly sentimental attachment for the Sony T1 and the Aluratek although I rarely use them. When home, I often loan them out which solves the whole 'loan' problem.

This winter I'll be doing remote southwest desert camping (with hot springs) for 2+ weeks at a time and will need every ereader I own. I love that I no longer need to worry about light in the tent. It's just the moon and a billion stars and the ereader.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #87
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I camp a lot (tent, no electricity) and, after the daily hike, I read until sleep time. So I need at least 2 ereaders (PW & Nook Glowlight) and maybe more depending upon the length of the trip.The Kindle Fire is for anything with pictures.

I use both the Fire and the K Touch for audio books. The Touch is often synched when I must charge the PW, plus the 3G is handy when I don't have wifi. I have a silly sentimental attachment for the Sony T1 and the Aluratek although I rarely use them. When home, I often loan them out which solves the whole 'loan' problem.

This winter I'll be doing remote southwest desert camping (with hot springs) for 2+ weeks at a time and will need every ereader I own. I love that I no longer need to worry about light in the tent. It's just the moon and a billion stars and the ereader.
Maybe I should take up camping.I am busy trying to find a way to justify yet another ereader in the fall.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #88
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Maybe I should take up camping.I am busy trying to find a way to justify yet another ereader in the fall.

Helen
Yea, I go to great lengths to justify an obsession with the latest gadgets.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #89
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Why only have one pair of pants?
Or one pair of underwear?
Or one pair of shoes?
Or only one book to read?

Having multiple Readers accommodates those with multiple interests and needs.

Plus, it's doggone fun to own the latest and the greatest.

And it helps someone's economic woes, while also giving unparallelled joy to the geek in all of us.

Now, errant OP - why not join in on the conversation, hmmm?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #90
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
One lives at home and one at work for lunchtime reading.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote