Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #151
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
Maybe I just missed it while browsing this thread, but should the Kobo Launcher also work on my Kobo Aura HD? (I tried a link for the project/installation page, but it only mentioned the chess app, not launcher ... or maybe I just need a coffee ...)
Yes, it is already confirmed that Kobo Launcher works on Kobo Aura.

2. to install Kobo Launcher just install chess. You can remove apps that you don't need after installation (e.g. pbchess, checkers, reversi, ...)

Installation manual for Kobo: http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?..._glo_mini_aura
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #152
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post

2. to install Kobo Launcher just install chess. You can remove apps that you don't need after installation (e.g. pbchess, checkers, reversi, ...)

Installation manual for Kobo: http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?..._glo_mini_aura
Ah, thanks, seems to work. Chess wants me to register the SW, it seems ...
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #153
hsj1992
hsj1992 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Quote:

I have a question about this:
"Now you can start Kobo launcher by launcher icon activation.".

I was stuck in this step.
What should I do? Open launcher.png? But it was marked as finished and the launcher menu didn't show up.
Device:Kobo Aura.
Thx
hsj1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #154
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsj1992 View Post
I have a question about this:
"Now you can start Kobo launcher by launcher icon activation.".

I was stuck in this step.
What should I do? Open launcher.png? But it was marked as finished and the launcher menu didn't show up.
Device:Kobo Aura.
Thx
I had a little trouble with that as well, in my case I needed to pay closer attention to the instructions, and not jump to the wrong conclusions.

I needed to pay better attention to which place the files needed to be placed.

Assuming that you downloaded the zip file with "new" in its name and have made the 2.6.1 update, when you unzip the file to your hard drive you will have a KoboLauncher folder, a KoboRoot.tgz file and a launcher.png image file.

The launcher.png image file goes into the root, the folder and .tgz file goes into the ".kobo" folder.

It takes a couple of restarts before it works as expected.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-30-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #155
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
sorry sergey, I may have said this before, but "poweroff" does nothin for me. however, I noticed that there is no "poweroff" file in the kobolauncher directory: is this to be expected?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #156
hsj1992
hsj1992 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
My problem was cause by the wrong zip file.
Then I download pbchess-1.2.5_kobo_new.zip.
Now it works!
Thanks a lot!
hsj1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #157
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
sergeyvl12:

for usbnet on 2.6.1 aura (maybe others) to work , I changed it like this:

### cat /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh
#!/bin/sh

root=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet

insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko

#insmod $root/arcotg_udc.ko
#insmod $root/g_ether.ko
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #158
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
sorry sergey, I may have said this before, but "poweroff" does nothin for me. however, I noticed that there is no "poweroff" file in the kobolauncher directory: is this to be expected?

I noticed that too. Since I wanted to poweroff from the screen, I added a poweroff.sh file to the kobolauncher folder with this content:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
zcat /etc/images/kraken-ghostbuster.raw.gz | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
cat /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/system/kobo-off.raw | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
/bin/busybox poweroff
This will first wipe the screen (first line), then display an edited image I created to provide me a visual feedback that the kobo is powered off (second line). The last line issues the shut down command.

I hope this helps.
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #159
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
I noticed that too. Since I wanted to poweroff from the screen, I added a poweroff.sh file to the kobolauncher folder with this content:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cat /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/system/kobo-off.raw | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
/bin/busybox poweroff
This will first wipe the screen (first line), then display an edited image I created to provide me a visual feedback that the kobo is powered off (second line). The last line issues the shut down command.

I hope this helps.
it helps enormously, I am a physical button fetishist Thanks and Karma to you!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #160
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
sergeyvl12:

for usbnet on 2.6.1 aura (maybe others) to work , I changed it like this:

### cat /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh
#!/bin/sh

root=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet

insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko

#insmod $root/arcotg_udc.ko
#insmod $root/g_ether.ko
Thanks, cgm999

I've added this useful info to the first topic: "Usbnet tips and troubleshooting"
Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #161
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post

Code:
#!/bin/sh
/bin/busybox poweroff

I hope this helps.
Thanks, henriquemaia! I'll add this script to KoboLauncher installation.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #162
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
Thanks Сергей, works great!

Here are the instructions for windows (Windows 7, but XP and 8 should be similar):

1. start the launcher
2. connect usb
3. tap usbnet
4. If nothing happens on Windows, you'll need the ntx driver instead of the freescale one. You can get it from the original firmware (KoboRoot.tar\drivers\ntx508\usb\gadget\), replace the arcotg_udc.ko and g_ether.ko files in .kobo\usbnet. Repeat steps 1-3.
5. Windows recognizes the new usb device but can not find the right driver for it.
6. Go to Device Manager (start -> search for programs and files, type "device manager") and find the device with yellow exclamation mark under "other devices".
Right click -> update driver software -> Browse computer for driver -> let me pick from a list -> network adapters -> Microsoft -> Remote NDIS Compatible Device ->install it regardless it's "not recommended".
7. Go to Network Connections (start -> search for programs and files, type "Network Connections") and right click on RNDIS/Ethernet gadget, choose Properties.
8. Choose Internet Protocol V4 -> properties -> use the following IP address: 192.168.2.100, subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 .

To test the connection, start a command prompt (start -> search -> cmd.exe) and type "ping 192.168.2.101"

For remote login, I tested Putty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PuTTY), works like a charm.
For file transfers I tried WinSCP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinSCP), I had to set the protocol option: sftp server to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server, after that it worked.
I also tried to use psftp and swish (http://www.swish-sftp.org/), but I could't find options to set the sftp-server path, so I've created a symbolic link on Kobo usr/libexec/sftp-server to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server, after that these apps also work.
I got everything working here including the ping.
But neither Putty nor WinSCP will connect, any idea why?
Both say "Connection refused".
What exactly does "I had to set the protocol option: sftp server to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server" mean? WinSCP is on SFTP, and at SFTP/SFTP-Server I tried "default", "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server", and "sudo su -c /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server". None of them work...

Tried it on two different computers and on a Kobo Mini running 2.6.1 firmware.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #163
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
What exactly does "I had to set the protocol option: sftp server to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server" mean? WinSCP is on SFTP, and at SFTP/SFTP-Server I tried "default", "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server", and "sudo su -c /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server". None of them work...

Please:
1. Start kobo launcher
2. Start usb networking in KoboLauncher
3. provide KoboLauncher/usbnet/dropbear.log
Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #164
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Please:
1. Start kobo launcher
2. Start usb networking in KoboLauncher
3. provide KoboLauncher/usbnet/dropbear.log
Unfortunately no such file...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #165
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post

NOT:
Code:
"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server"
INSTEAD:
Code:
"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/sftp-server"
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote