Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Harveytex
Harveytex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle fo PC help needed

I'm still learning my new Kindle and have a problem trying to use "Kindle for PC". I set it up and went through the register routine. It populated my archived books list and everything seemed to be okay. Then the next time I ran "Kindle for PC" it did not show my archived books (it read "0") and asked me to register again. I did but when I checked on line I found that I now had two accounts; the first named "(my name)'s Kindle for PC" and a second named "(my name)'s Kindle for PC 2". The next time I try to use the program it again asks me to register and then I get a ".....PC 3". I've deleted the duplicate accounts but it keeps doing the same thing. What am I doing wrong? I'm not a novice at computering but am at Kindleing.
Harveytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but wanted to say that Amazon has added a "Kindle for PC 2" to my account also. I have no idea why, and when I send books to either that one or the original, they all end up the same place...on my K4PC. Some kind of weird Amazon fluke.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have a Kindle, a Droid with Kindle app, Windows PC with Kindle app, and a laptop with the Kindle app. When I added the laptop, Amazon listed it as Kindlke 2. Have you added another computer or maybe registered a second time? That's all that I can imagine happened.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote