Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #31
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
The device is still jailbroken after the upgrade to 5.3.2?
Well, having ssh access I can do whatever I want
I am not sure where jailbreak dev keys are.
I have
Code:
[root@kindle uks]# ls -la /etc/uks/
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  1  2011 .
drwxr-xr-x   35 root     root          2048 Jan  9 11:30 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 501      staff          272 Jun  2  2011 pubdevkey01.pem
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           272 Nov 10  2011 pubprodkey01.pem
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           451 Nov 10  2011 pubprodkey02.pem
[root@kindle uks]# cat pubdevkey01.pem 
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDJn1jWU+xxVv/eRKfCPR9e47lP
WN2rH33z9QbfnqmCxBRLP6mMjGy6APyycQXg3nPi5fcb75alZo+Oh012HpMe9Lnp
eEgloIdm1E4LOsyrz4kttQtGRlzCErmBGt6+cAVEV86y2phOJ3mLk0Ek9UQXbIUf
rvyJnS2MKLG2cczjlQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
[root@kindle uks]# cat pubprodkey01.pem 
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCxfpiZ1dbdSOgrikqXD6lESUrD
5l52nN50iMh2vDcmW/FzkPDv0eRf1ci6w3ifhmHwqDK9OYNnowPapzUHAiHukXjW
rOC3fZYzgAxzIPN4NyUw369zFK2AALZnXptc68D/xxtZ94porf+kLtw/4vF2NhHs
XtchrpvID+Jhkor8MQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
[root@kindle uks]# cat pubprodkey02.pem 
MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsPdLjgYnOfFpEIquwD5Y
Qg/loxAJoVU+AQaZ3Wm8b7u3lf0TmKL/8RXz2VrXdrFGefiExM60PGELcajanhRy
1lJn0ZjP/s9Ez6E2H0sdPzz9aUomHkcvOWQux+MoYRInonwhsff1wmNd5mOhoc0i
M7d18WsuPbj4fzqb7hnZndwAD0moK2gpmeOByCJB+ovC7w2NYpjCXHHdsFyatV4r
YeAVT0pUfVXnkzFBTj3xxrdvLNIgpl38KqT8UGtivoD1Isx/KlbVT+Rg5q5K/SHm
TmGgixhq008QxVBJQfPGZ67/F4XVZ20/qnp0DK/vt/AHwMYMI+ECi43fm1PrH9d2
hwIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
Is it enough?
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Well, having ssh access I can do whatever I want
I am not sure where jailbreak dev keys are.
I have
Code:
[root@kindle uks]# ls -la /etc/uks/
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  1  2011 .
drwxr-xr-x   35 root     root          2048 Jan  9 11:30 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 501      staff          272 Jun  2  2011 pubdevkey01.pem
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           272 Nov 10  2011 pubprodkey01.pem
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           451 Nov 10  2011 pubprodkey02.pem
[root@kindle uks]# cat pubdevkey01.pem 
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDJn1jWU+xxVv/eRKfCPR9e47lP
WN2rH33z9QbfnqmCxBRLP6mMjGy6APyycQXg3nPi5fcb75alZo+Oh012HpMe9Lnp
eEgloIdm1E4LOsyrz4kttQtGRlzCErmBGt6+cAVEV86y2phOJ3mLk0Ek9UQXbIUf
rvyJnS2MKLG2cczjlQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
[root@kindle uks]# cat pubprodkey01.pem 
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCxfpiZ1dbdSOgrikqXD6lESUrD
5l52nN50iMh2vDcmW/FzkPDv0eRf1ci6w3ifhmHwqDK9OYNnowPapzUHAiHukXjW
rOC3fZYzgAxzIPN4NyUw369zFK2AALZnXptc68D/xxtZ94porf+kLtw/4vF2NhHs
XtchrpvID+Jhkor8MQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
[root@kindle uks]# cat pubprodkey02.pem 
MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsPdLjgYnOfFpEIquwD5Y
Qg/loxAJoVU+AQaZ3Wm8b7u3lf0TmKL/8RXz2VrXdrFGefiExM60PGELcajanhRy
1lJn0ZjP/s9Ez6E2H0sdPzz9aUomHkcvOWQux+MoYRInonwhsff1wmNd5mOhoc0i
M7d18WsuPbj4fzqb7hnZndwAD0moK2gpmeOByCJB+ovC7w2NYpjCXHHdsFyatV4r
YeAVT0pUfVXnkzFBTj3xxrdvLNIgpl38KqT8UGtivoD1Isx/KlbVT+Rg5q5K/SHm
TmGgixhq008QxVBJQfPGZ67/F4XVZ20/qnp0DK/vt/AHwMYMI+ECi43fm1PrH9d2
hwIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
Is it enough?
We (Mobile Read) are: pubdevkey01.pem
The other two keys belong to Amazon.

Translation: Your jailbreak is alive and well.

PS: The ownership on the MR key is wrong in the above listing.
But since the updater runs as 'root' I guess it just never notices the ownership error.

Last edited by knc1; 01-09-2013 at 06:49 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #33
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
But it might complain about files which were modified by other hacks, and thus refuse to install.
I guess that the ReadingTimer is one of them.

So they've obfuscated the java code again, even in respecto to KPW firmware?
Any clue JBPatch will work? If it will, and if they unify KPW with KT firmware (which it seems) at least you can concentrate on a single development tree (just to see the bright side)...
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #34
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Launcher?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #35
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
I guess that the ReadingTimer is one of them.

So they've obfuscated the java code again, even in respecto to KPW firmware?
Any clue JBPatch will work? If it will, and if they unify KPW with KT firmware (which it seems) at least you can concentrate on a single development tree (just to see the bright side)...
I don't think so... The software is, as ixtab said, "TOO different". Alteast the internels. The framework just "might" work
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #36
aditya3098
Guru

@ixtab: You owe me that launcher as a jbpatch if this dosen't work

So, from what I can figure, we can unpack this update, and repackage it in a "hacker friendly" way. Is this true?

P.S: I disabled my touch's wifi for now
Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #37
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
@ixtab: You owe me that launcher as a jbpatch if this dosen't work

So, from what I can figure, we can unpack this update, and repackage it in a "hacker friendly" way. Is this true?

P.S: I disabled my touch's wifi for now
Technically: Yes
But if it contains any code that is proprietary, we couldn't distribute it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #38
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Technically: Yes
But if it contains any code that is proprietary, we couldn't distribute it.
But we may be able to distribute a patcher program that unpacks/modifies/repacks the original update. People can download the official update and run the patcher on it to easily create the modified update themselves. Of course, you would need the jailbreak installed to install the modified update file.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #39
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Device: K3, KT
I cant update my KTSO.

I've uninstalled the jbpatcher and the launcher, I did restore it, and tried, no success.

Any idea?

Its jailbroken. Should i uninstall it too?
corpcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #40
aditya3098
Guru

WHY, oh why do I get a feeling this cracked my store-button hack?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcd View Post
I cant update my KTSO.

I've uninstalled the jbpatcher and the launcher, I did restore it, and tried, no success.

Any idea?

I don't know if I had to or not, but I uninstalled jbpatch, kindlet jailbreak and the jailbreak and the update installed fine for me (KTSO WiFi).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #42
dukesilver
Connoisseur
dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I cant update my KTSO.

Any idea?

maybe try uninstalling the kindlet jailbreak too? my KTSO had jbpatch and the launcher installed, and I was able to update after I uninstalled everything in reverse order, including both jailbreaks. I also deleted the gui extensions folder. Oh, and I removed the USE ALT FONTS file I had as well, if that even makes a difference.

Last edited by dukesilver; 01-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.
dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #43
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't know if I had to or not, but I uninstalled jbpatch, kindlet jailbreak and the jailbreak and the update installed fine for me (KTSO WiFi).
I've unistalled the jailbreak, and still get the error 006.

After the error 006 looks like there's a flashing screen saying something like error 026, but it is so fast that both errors 006 and other one are shown at the same time and I am not able to figure out what number is the second one.

It stays for some miliseconds and restarts.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #44
corpcd
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've unistalled the jailbreak, and still get the error 006.

After the error 006 looks like there's a flashing screen saying something like error 026, but it is so fast that both errors 006 and other one are shown at the same time and I am not able to figure out what number is the second one.

It stays for some miliseconds and restarts.
The second error looks like 023.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #45
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Did you uninstall the Kindlet jailbreak, too?

Otherwise, if uninstalling everything is too painful, simply reflash a pristine 5.1.2 without anything, then install the jailbreak, then update. That's what I did.

Last edited by ixtab; 01-09-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: 5.1.2, not 5.3.1
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote