Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #31
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
And then there's pie. Well, a croissant actually. How could you be anything else? Fresh, French, indulgent, yummie, a bit flaky (okay, very flaky), thoroughly simple, honest, and wholesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200px-Croissant.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	12320  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #32
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
In honour of Earth Day and our sassy Zelda_pinwheel, I humbly submit the following avatar:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zelda_pinwheel_earth_day_pic.JPG
Views:	714
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	12321  
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #33
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'm working on an avatar submission for you. But meanwhile, I can write you a script that will randomly serve up one of the avatars in a list, if you like.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #34
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
In honour of Earth Day and our sassy Zelda_pinwheel, I humbly submit the following avatar:
I really like that one, Nick. Very nice. Particularly today. And much better than, uh, on your bathroom wall. Ahem.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #35
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
...your bathroom wall. Ahem.
Ahem, back at ya! That was a school hall corridor. Ahem.

For my bathroom wall, we decided to go with faux finish paint instead; the concrete block look was so passe!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I'm working on an avatar submission for you. But meanwhile, I can write you a script that will randomly serve up one of the avatars in a list, if you like.
oooh an avatar from nekokami !! yay !! i can't wait ! AND a script !! yay !! i love scripts... in which case i will have to add the credit line to the actual avatar like slayda suggested. unless you can also change my signature with the script ? or some other text displayed in my profile ? should i put all the avatars all together in a directory online somewhere ? can i dynamically add more avatars without modifying the script ? what language will you write it in ? will you show it to me, so i can try to figure out how it works ?

(me jumping up and down, this is all too much excitement)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #37
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oooh an avatar from nekokami !! yay !! i can't wait ! AND a script !! yay !! i love scripts... in which case i will have to add the credit line to the actual avatar like slayda suggested. unless you can also change my signature with the script ? or some other text displayed in my profile ? should i put all the avatars all together in a directory online somewhere ? can i dynamically add more avatars without modifying the script ? what language will you write it in ? will you show it to me, so i can try to figure out how it works ?

(me jumping up and down, this is all too much excitement)
I can't easily change the sig line with the same script and I'm not sure how to keep a separate script in sync, but I might be able to add the credit below the avatar image. Putting all the avatars together in a directory online somewhere would be one way, but as long as we have a list of URLs where they can be found, that would be sufficient. You'll be able to edit the script to add more avatars as they come in. I'll probably write it in perl, which you can read to see how it works. I usually comment my code.

Don't look for it before this weekend, though.

Edit: BTW, you can get a maneki neko like the one in my avatar at Mrs. Lin's Kitchen. Though you might prefer this one:
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #38
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

You're the spark that makes things happen - just like this cattle prod! Okay, scratch that one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	250px-Electric_cattle_prod.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	12322  
Old 04-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #39
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I can't easily change the sig line with the same script and I'm not sure how to keep a separate script in sync, but I might be able to add the credit below the avatar image. Putting all the avatars together in a directory online somewhere would be one way, but as long as we have a list of URLs where they can be found, that would be sufficient. You'll be able to edit the script to add more avatars as they come in. I'll probably write it in perl, which you can read to see how it works. I usually comment my code.

Don't look for it before this weekend, though.
yay !!! no pressure, you just do whatever / whenever you want and i'll be happy.

yes, abundant comments please, that would be brilliant. between *2IMP.pl from Nick and your script pretty soon i'm going to start learning perl by osmosis. well, it will be a good change from html, although in theory ActionScript was the priority...

i suspect i'm getting far too excited about code. i *must* be a geek.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
You're the spark that makes things happen - just like this cattle prod! Okay, scratch that one.
see, this is the beauty of collaboration. in my wildest, most risqué dreams i never would have thought of a cattle prod as an avatar. i'm a little afraid to touch it in fact. that's VR, always doing his best to expand our collective horizon and take the discussion to a new level.
Quote:
I really like that one, Nick. Very nice. Particularly today. And much better than, uh, on your bathroom wall. Ahem.
i rather like the one on the "bathroom wall" in fact... although, technically, you shouldn't pin down a pinwheel... the new one is good too.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #41
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
[very OT] In 99% of all forums I visit I have deactivated avatars & signature, because they are annoying. MR is not one of them, maybe because I have created an avatar & mod my signature from time to time.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

how does this look ? can you read it ?
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #43
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
[very OT] In 99% of all forums I visit I have deactivated avatars & signature, because they are annoying. MR is not one of them, maybe because I have created an avatar & mod my signature from time to time.
and look how much fun you can have with an avatar.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #44
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Yes, that's legible.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #45
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Then again we could take an avatar based on an image inspired by the first part of her name.
Looks like Vera, actually. Hmmm. Zelda = Vera?

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda