Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
Xabache
Carbon Reserve
Xabache began at the beginning.

Device: PC
.pdf hyperlinks

1: I would like to include hotlinked hyperlinks, like Home, News, etc into my .pdf. How can I do, please included examples.

Thanks =)
Xabache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I don't think you really mean "hotlinked"; you just mean clickable links, right?

Well, what software are you using to create your PDFs? You can create links quite easily with, e.g., the pdflatex hyperref package, but it's unlikely you're creating them with pdflatex. But how are you?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Xabache
Carbon Reserve

i just mean a clickable word rather than the http... and hotlinked means (to me) any item turned hotlink blue, which could mean an http turned blue too and this is not what i want. I just want a word that is clickable that leads to an http. like in any simple html file <a ref..

i use open office at current but these are pretty important if there is no way you know through OO i will try yours, but let me know please if there is as i preferOO
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
That's not what hotlinked means. Please don't refer to it as that.

I don't have OpenOffice installed right now, but isn't it as easy as highlighting the text you want to make into a link, clicking the "hyperlink" button (which looks like or something like that), and then filling in the URL you want to link to in the Target field? I would guess that gets preserved through export to PDF. Maybe someone can confirm.

EDIT: Update: Actually, I'm not sure the hyperlink button looks like that anymore on newer versions of open office; It may look like a globe on a page or something like that instead. If it's not obvious, you should be able to find "Hyperlink" in the "Insert" menu, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by frabjous; 09-15-2010 at 12:11 AM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
If you have a Macintosh and Pages, you can use Pages to create link by selecting a word or phrase, bringing up the Inspector, can clicking on the links tabs, and insert a URL into the URL: field.

Then to create a PDF, choose Print..., and select the Save to PDF option on the print dialog.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
I tried what frabjous described with open office on Ubuntu. Select some text in your Word Processor document, and go to the Insert menu and choose Hyperlink. In the dialog, enter a URL and choose Apply. Then in the File menu, choose Export as PDF.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Xabache
Carbon Reserve

works perfect thanks.

hotlinking is actually a form of stolen bandwidth perhaps like botnetting?. shame my definition made alot more sense.