Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
What is Order of Conversions To epub

Sometimes I have a choice of format when I get a non EPUB format book.

I realize that Calibre will convert some formats to EPUB better [accuracy?] than others.

What would be the order in which these formats convert to epub using Calibre?

I am not suggesting this is the order.

LIT LRF MOBI HTML PDB RTF PDF [I would guess PDF would be at bottom of the list.]

Last edited by Vienna01; 03-26-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Some formats not available for calibre conversion
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Doc is not an available conversion, so it is below the bottom

Some depend on the document contents.
I tend to use a list similar to yours, just not quite all the formats.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
From the Calibre FAQ:
Quote:
What are the best source formats to convert?¶

In order of decreasing preference: LIT, MOBI, EPUB, HTML, PRC, RTF, PDB, TXT, PDF
This may be out of date, and some of these are not available for commercial ebooks. LIT is the closest to ePub - if a publisher supports LIT it is often functionally identical to its ePub offering. I find MOBI/AZW to be a good source, because it almost never includes an explicit font assignment and I like to force sans-serif bold.

You may also be interested in A Comparison of format limitations based on The Hobbit.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post

What would be the order in which these formats convert to epub using Calibre?
According to Calibre's FAQ:

Quote:
In order of decreasing preference: LIT, MOBI, EPUB, HTML, PRC, RTF, PDB, TXT, PDF
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre conversion