Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 03:12 AM   #1
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Eyeglass-Mounted ebook display

It doesn't limit itself to ebook use, but with the ability to change pages with simple eye movements, it would surely make an ereading device that Sherman Alexie would absolutley have an embolism over!*

Quote:
German researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems have embedded a head-mounted microdisplay into a pair of glasses—allowing the user to access and manipulate data with simple eye movements.
More at Gizmodo

Quote:
The upshot is that the user sees a high-resolution, high-contrast image that appears to be floating a meter away, and by merely gesturing with the eyes--such as flicking to the right to change a page, or scanning downwards to scroll through a list--simple interface controls can be carried out.
Quote:
... since they're promoting the tech as being small, ergonomic, energy-efficient, and potentially cheaper than existing HMDs, it's possible they'll find their way into consumer products for a whole host of purposes.
More at fastcompany

Donn

* sorry for the Alexie reference... it bored even me.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I think I'll need some glasses
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #3
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
BTW: Zelda has a PRS 700
Surely this is the real news!
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
I wants it... Integrated with a micro camera and a decent computer this would just own.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:47 AM   #5
Jill74
Banned
Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505
me too. I will use glasses on this.

It is not all books that are as dull as their readers.
Jill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
So.... if you get something in your eye and begin to blink rapidly - you can inadvertantly jump chapters ahead?
A wink's as good as a ......... ?

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
So.... if you get something in your eye and begin to blink rapidly - you can inadvertantly jump chapters ahead?
A wink's as good as a ......... ?

I think you'd have to calibrate it first. So, the fast blinking shouldn't do anything!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Might get a man in trouble if he were "apparently" staring at a woman but was really reading the NYT.

But I want this for my reading!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Might get a man in trouble if he were "apparently" staring at a woman but was really reading the NYT.

But I want this for my reading!
"No, officer, I wasn't looking at that gorgeous young woman! I was reading the playboy!"
Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
"No, officer, I wasn't looking at that gorgeous young woman! I was reading the playboy!"
And - I was reading the article, not looking at the pictures!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote