Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Horror Mall now offers DRM free Ebooks

One MobileRead member came across this store a few weeks back, and and noticed that Horror Mall offered ebooks. Naturally several members went over to check it out, and it was soon noticed that the format selection as limited- only Kindle and password protected PDFs were offered.

I invited Shane Staley, the proprietor of Horror Mall, to join MobileRead to discuss their current policy. My goal was to encourage them to add more formats. Instead, Shane has decided to drop DRM entirely. Horror Mall will now offer ebooks in PDF, Epub, and Mobipocket.

About the Store
Horror Mall is a web retailer that specializes in the horror genre. It carries books and ebooks, as well as graphic novels, artwork, music, games, movies, and more.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yea... good choice!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
The more the merrier.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
That's great, thanks for the heads up. More selection is always appreciated. I think we're going to see a lot more ebook etailers set up shop in the coming months.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Canton View Post
That's great, thanks for the heads up. More selection is always appreciated. I think we're going to see a lot more ebook etailers set up shop in the coming months.
Well there is plenty of room in the wiki. I just added this one to the eBook Stores.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Excellent news! I hadn't seen any point in visiting Horror Mall earlier on account of the DRM and lack of formats I could read on my device, but now I'm heading over there to check out their selection.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
One MobileRead member came across this store a few weeks back, and and noticed that Horror Mall offered ebooks. Naturally several members went over to check it out, and it was soon noticed that the format selection as limited- only Kindle and password protected PDFs were offered.

I invited Shane Staley, the proprietor of Horror Mall, to join MobileRead to discuss their current policy. My goal was to encourage them to add more formats. Instead, Shane has decided to drop DRM entirely. Horror Mall will now offer ebooks in PDF, Epub, and Mobipocket.

About the Store
Horror Mall is a web retailer that specializes in the horror genre. It carries books and ebooks, as well as graphic novels, artwork, music, games, movies, and more.
Thanks for inviting Shane here, Nate. I thought that particular discussion was a very constructive one, with Shane, a nice bloke, explaining really well the decisions and opinions and positions from the angle of a reasonable and passionate publisher juggling customer and client needs and wants. I didn't expect "constructive" - thinking the discussion was helpful for all just in itself - to extend to the removal of DRM, but that's certainly a cherry on top.

Goodonya, Shane! Thanks not only for the DRM-removal, but even just for participating in the discussion.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Thanks for inviting Shane here, Nate. I thought that particular discussion was a very constructive one, with Shane, a nice bloke, explaining really well the decisions and opinions and positions from the angle of a reasonable and passionate publisher juggling customer and client needs and wants. I didn't expect "constructive" - thinking the discussion was helpful for all just in itself - to extend to the removal of DRM, but that's certainly a cherry on top.

Goodonya, Shane! Thanks not only for the DRM-removal, but even just for participating in the discussion.

Cheers,
Marc
absolutely. i couldn't have said it better myself (so i'll just quote marc's post instead. ).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Impressive, and karma to you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Impressive. Next stop, Amazon!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #11
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
This is wonderful! I will keep HorrorMall in mind as an e-book store to check out.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote