Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
fopath
fopath began at the beginning.

Device: none
New to ebook readers

Hi, I'm new to ebook readers and can't decide which one to buy. I've pretty well narrowed it down to Kindle and Cybook (but I'm open to other overriding suggestions). I'd appreciate any help in deciding. Thanks
mg
fopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:38 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Short answers:

If you're in the UK, get the CyBook from W H Smith online.

If you're in the US and want a kindle before February 2009, start looking on eBay. Amazon has an eleven week waiting list.

I have a CyBook. I'm very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopath View Post
Hi, I'm new to ebook readers and can't decide which one to buy. I've pretty well narrowed it down to Kindle and Cybook (but I'm open to other overriding suggestions). I'd appreciate any help in deciding. Thanks
mg
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi fopath and welcome to the Forum. I have a Sony 505 and am very pleased with it. Although I expect you'd be equally happy with the Kindle or CyBook
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote