Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #16
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Shane Maloney is terrific, I've just read Brush off. His 'hero' is able to laugh at himself, in some very sticky situations, and it's been made into a TV series.

Peter Temple is a fine writer, his novels are well written. He also has a crime series featuring the detective Jack Irish, which is very popular - also made into tv series.

Patrick White our Nobel Prize winner is not to everyone's taste but I just loved The Twyborn Affair which takes the reader
into the Outback and cattle stations - very atmospheric and solid complex characters, , and his writing is brilliant. I found this book far more accessible than Voss.

I must look out for Vicki Tyley (on others' recommendations) as I haven't come across her.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
I've been spreading some karma around as thanks, but I just wanted to pop back in and voice my appreciation publicly. Thanks again to everyone who's made recommendations.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I haven't seen Bryce Courtenay mentioned - he was born in South Africa but Aussies "claim him" as one of their own since he became a naturalised resident. I remember enjoying his historical epics, like the Potato Factory/Tommo & Hawk/Solomon's Song trilogy which is set in Australia.

Sad to see that he recently announced his upcoming book will be his last due to cancer.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
I don't think anyone has mentioned Rabbit Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington. It tops my list of must read Aussie books.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
miklizro
Enthusiast
miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 running Aldiko and Kindle and Kindle 3 keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I'm currently reading The Tomorrow Series by Australian author John Marsden and enjoying it very much. You might want to explore his other books, as well.
Red Dawn in Australia, loved these!
miklizro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert