Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
llwwss
llwwss doesn't litterllwwss doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
New E-Ink reader, Soribook.

The name is Soribook(which means "sound book" in english) from South Korea.

Specs:

Cpu: 532MHz ARM11 Core
Screen: 6" E Ink® Vizplex screen, 600x800 pixels, 167dpi, 8 grayscale
RAM: 64MB Mobile DDR
Storage: 1 GB Nand Flash(up to 2GB SD card)
Supported formats: HTML, CHM, TXT, PDF, DOC, PPT, XLS, RTF,
IDPF epub(in the future) , SONY BBEB(in the future)
JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIF(F) ,MP3

Battery: Rechargeable built-in Li-Polymer battery (1500 mAh)
10,000 screen refresh battery life

Connectivity:USB

Touchscreen
Dictionary look up
sd card Wi-Fi(supported in the future)
TTS(Text-To-Speech ) function
Size: 175.0 x 117.5 x 12.5 (mm)
Weight: 235g
Price: 380,000 Korean Won(about $404 in USD)

The unit is being sold to a limited number of customers only in South Korea,
and will be available generally soon.
I don't know yet about worldwide availability.

Soribook site
http://www.soribook.com/index.jsp

Last edited by llwwss; 01-04-2008 at 07:18 PM.
llwwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Are you sure about the touchscreen?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Sounds good even if was keyboard-based! A few people have asked about, and seem to desire, text-to-speech when I talk about my Sony reader.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
llwwss
llwwss doesn't litterllwwss doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
Yes, it has touchscreen like PDAs or iliad and it is not keyboard-based. You can use the stylus or your finger to input.
llwwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by llwwss View Post
Yes, it has touchscreen like PDAs or iliad and it is not keyboard-based. You can use the stylus or your finger to input.
It's interesting that they intend to support BBeB.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am interested in seeing this device once they have BBeB supported.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
muratlale4
muratlale4 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung I600,Treo 650, SonyEr. P1i
looks very promising!!
Price is good enough,
wonder when it will be available for us mortals?
muratlale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #8
kirune
kirune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kobo Clara HD
I've talking throug email with SoriBOOK guy and they told me as follow:

Quote:
yes, the machine will be ready for selling sometime next month.
The Touch panel we use is similar to Irex's for touch.
The machine will be available in English version.

The price will be $399 for the time being.

Thank you for your interest

I hope this will help averybody interest in this e-reader.
kirune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

It looks very interesting indeed!
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
With a WinCE core would Ubook and a LIT viewer work with the SoriBook. That would make for a near universal reader.
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMascaro View Post
With a WinCE core would Ubook and a LIT viewer work with the SoriBook. That would make for a near universal reader.
Assuming the OS isn't changed too much, you could add Mobipocket and Ereader to that list. Then this really would be a universal reader.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
It looks really good but I want to hear more about the touch screen. I feel that Murphy's Law will apply here - in the interval between ordering my PRS505 and getting it, someone will release a true enotebook with a touch screen that I can draw on. But browsing their web site they don't seem to talk about that feature.

I'm going to get my Korean workmate to read the site and try to find the details for me tomorrow. I assume none of you read Korean?
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
I just talked to my Korean-reading workmate and apparently the SoriBook does have some kind of drawing mode as well. Probably not art quality sketching, but writing notes should be possible. Now I just have to wait for the English version!
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Nice product, no doubt.

Kind of looks like a Sony rip-off, aside from the addtional features which look very interesting.

F.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I found the FAQ for the Soribook. I have good news and bad news. According to the FAQ, the Soribook does not have Wifi. Support for a Wifi SD card is going to be added in the near future.

Quote:
The current one, which are sold through a second booking sales terminals are built into the firmware update, but it is the future that support the SD card via WIFI plans to make available. WIFI Internet access and, if possible, as well as possible soribuk wepbeurawoojingyi desktop terminals in remote access to the documents without the hassle of moving files to be able to read the document freely.
But the good news is that I think the Soribook will have a full Windows CE OS on it. It should be possible to run Mobipocket, MSReader, and Ereader.

Quote:
ARM9 that support Windows CE program to obtain more than you can use. Calendar screen resolution of the instrument, because there are many such associations to provide their software soribuk future plans. In the case of HP calculators for the high-performance ARM9 calculator software can emulate. North Korea is basically sound and the concept of PDA user to the appropriate software can be used to find advantages.
Quote:
Unlike other north-book sound terminals provide a platform for users to use the same means in the PDA. Therefore, the General ARM9 for as many software can be used. hwp 나 mobi . Mobi files from the Internet or hwp viewers will use to save for coming. Files from the public by the manufacturer hwp because it does not directly support our difficulties too. The fonts you want to write, you can also obtain and wear. SDK is to be deployed north of the future when a sound program for all of the features users want to fit SDK development.
source:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DEhm
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e ink, e-book reader, soribook, touchscreen, windows ce