Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
Apply credit card points to Kindle purchases

Is there any way to apply credit card points to Kindle purchases? If I buy a physical product with the shopping cart, during check out I can select different ways of paying for it, including applying credit card points. For buying Kindle books, the one-click purchase seems to bypass ways to pay for the books.

On a related note, is there a way to apply gift cards partially? For example, I have a $10 gift card. I want to use only $5 toward a $10 Kindle book, but the one-click will automatically apply all $10 toward the book.

Thanks for any info.
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
One-click will always use the balance of a giftcard first, then the default credit card. There's no way to bypass this.

If you are using the Chase Amazon card, it makes more sense to use the card for Amazon purchases, vs. using the cards points, as you get 3% back on credit card purchases from Amazon, and 0% back on points purchases. I always just get the account credit when hitting 5,000 points.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert