Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #241
urahara454
urahara454 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I believe ive figured it out, theres one file, a big image that comiclrf splits as its two pages of the comic, well im showing that thing vista says the file format is not supported, ive taken that out and the lrf has been created, sorry for bothering you before I had completely checked everything, you wouldn't happen to know how to fix imgaes like that? Its showing the iamge as 2.50k but the other iamges are around 200k
urahara454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #242
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You could just manually split the image and re-add it to the comic
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #243
Ryandsimmons
Ryandsimmons began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
I've been lurking here for a while, but decided to register purely to say thanks.

What a brilliant program, it has really made me enjoy my reader even more.
Ryandsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #244
dreamers
dreamers began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch, iPad, iPhone
Hello. I just got my 505 and this program is a godsend as i have loads of comics.

i was wondering, in my cbr/cbz files i have directories in them. i was wondering if they could be used to help generate a TOC for the comic?
dreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #245
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre supports the CBC (Comic book collection) that allows for the creation of TOCs. A CBC is a zip file that contains individual zip files each witha set of comic pages,. Ina ddition it has a file comics.txt that contains a list lines like the following

comic1.zip:Chapter 1 of blah
comic2.zip:Chapter 2 of blah

and so on, where comic1.zip, comic2.zip are the zip files inside the cbc file
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 AM   #246
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre supports the CBC (Comic book collection) that allows for the creation of TOCs. A CBC is a zip file that contains individual zip files each witha set of comic pages,. Ina ddition it has a file comics.txt that contains a list lines like the following

Excellent, I've been wanting something like this for a while.
Does the main file have to have a cbc extension?
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #247
dreamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

i cant get this to work.

this is my text file in the zip which

Code:
Chapter001.zip:Chapter 001 - Yoshimori and Tokine
Chapter002.zip:Chapter 002 - Scars
Chapter003.zip:Chapter 003 - Yoshimori's Ambition
Chapter004.zip:Chapter 004 - Human Ghost
Chapter005.zip:Chapter 005 - Nourishment
Chapter006.zip:Chapter 006 - A Dangerous Man
Chapter007.zip:Chapter 007 - The Flower of Passion
but it never creates a TOC just the lrf. i am using the latest version of calibre.

Last edited by dreamers; 09-11-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 09-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #248
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
Excellent, I've been wanting something like this for a while.
Does the main file have to have a cbc extension?
yes it does.

@dreamers: filename case is important, make sure it matches. and try epub output
Old 09-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #249
dreamers

epub worked fine. its just the image quality is not as great as in lrf. i can barely read any text in the comic. i can switch it epub to lrf and the quality is fine (albeit a bit smaller than the screen size), but there is 199 entry TOC.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #250
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

LRF doesn't support hierarchical TOCs and make sure your output profile is set to SONY for EPUB output
Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #251
dreamers

i think that it has been mentioned before that epub doesnt look that good for some readers and i fall into that category. i guess, i will have to just make do with a TOCless lrf.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #252
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers View Post
i think that it has been mentioned before that epub doesnt look that good for some readers and i fall into that category. i guess, i will have to just make do with a TOCless lrf.
Last time I tried ePub comics, I found that if the pages are in jpeg format, the prs-505 will dither them making them totally unreadable.

Until this is fixed, it would be nice if the LRF format made a single level toc with just the listed chapters in it.

Or, there could be an option to make the comics in PNG format. They'd be bigger but readable
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #253
Kirtai
Addict

Ok, this is strange.

I just checked it and the ePubs are being displayed badly on my PRS-505.

I converted a comic with the SONY output profile to epub and lrf format and the lrf is sharp and clear but the epub is fuzzy (PNG images).

This only appears on the reader itself, the epub is sharp when viewed with the calibre viewer.

The strange bit is that the calibre supplied title page image is sharp, but the comic pages are not. This suggests to me that the sony doesn't like something about the css or xhtml used for the comic pages but I haven't been able to figure out what yet.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #254
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not just that, this issue only affects some sony readers. Unfortunately, mine is not one of them, so I can't really debug this.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #255
Kirtai
Addict

Interesting. It might be a specific version of the firmware that's at fault.

I have a UK model with firmware version 1.2.00.18050