Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Agreed. Make an issue on the tracker.
Done.

http://code.google.com/p/flightcrew/...%20Attachments
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #62
N13L5
tenjooberrymuds
N13L5 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
It's a false positive. There is no malware in FlightCrew. You can always build from source if you doubt me.
Ohhh can you please put some in it? Something interesting, like tweeting random pictures from a user's desktop?

It would make only one person upset and millions happy, what with all the gossip and headlines...

N13L5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Question :

I've downloaded FlightCrew-gui-0.7.0-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe on two separate occasions and they appear in my 'downloads list'. Norton Internet Security is preventing my access to the .exe file, to run it.

Is this a problem anybody else has had ?

Edit : Norton has quarantined the file....
Norton is garbage and you do get way too many false positives. Also, Norton tries to tell you what to do instead of letting you do what you want. Dump Norton. Life will be easier and your computer faster.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #64
N13L5
tenjooberrymuds
N13L5 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Norton is garbage
thats sadly true...

on top of that, all the AV companies are in close communications, and have adopted broad consent to flag things as malware or even trojan, cause some member from the software industry called them and told them its a program THEY don't want people to have.

So, often, perfectly clean hacks get flagged. This includes boot managers and many other useful tools.

I'd suggest to kick Symantec off your system and install either Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials. Both are free and both are very good.

There are other good free AV packages, but I suggested these two, cause they don't annoy you with undefeatable splash screens and there's no nagging to get you to move to a paid version either.

Security Essentials did not flag Flightcrew, and I'm using it without ill effects, other than it telling me that all my epub files are a mess
N13L5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Comodo is pretty good as well and I can tell it something isn't a problem and it will stop bothering me. I used to run AVG Free and I liked it until they came out with (I think) version 8 and it really slowed down.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #66
SuzyQ01
SuzyQ01 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
I want to try flightcrew but I'm not sure which file to download - I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know what computer I have. I know I have an XP but how can I find out which one of the Windows setup files I should download? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
SuzyQ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #67
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ01 View Post
I want to try flightcrew but I'm not sure which file to download - I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know what computer I have. I know I have an XP but how can I find out which one of the Windows setup files I should download? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
XP
99% it is the 32bit Version(the one with out '64' in the file name )
Right-click on the "My Computer" Icon on the Desktop or IN the 'Start Menu'

Select Properties.

That tells you about your Version, CPU and Memory
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #68
SuzyQ01
SuzyQ01 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
XP
99% it is the 32bit Version(the one with out '64' in the file name )
Right-click on the "My Computer" Icon on the Desktop or IN the 'Start Menu'

Select Properties.

That tells you about your Version, CPU and Memory
Just what I needed to know - perfect! Thanks!
SuzyQ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #69
Jon Westcot
Jon Westcot began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Hi all:

Quick question -- is there a version of FlightCrew that doesn't force me to install the AVG Security bar? I grabbed version 0.7.2, but it won't let me skip installing the bar, which means I can't get the rest of the install to complete.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jon Westcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Westcot View Post
Hi all:

Quick question -- is there a version of FlightCrew that doesn't force me to install the AVG Security bar? I grabbed version 0.7.2, but it won't let me skip installing the bar, which means I can't get the rest of the install to complete.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You should be able to choose Custom Install (instead of Express) for the "recommended" software and just make sure you have all the checkboxes unchecked. That's what I did just now (though it wasn't AVG that I got). Nothing extra was installed.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #71
Vincent3m
Vincent3m began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question The <itemref> element's "idref" attribute ...

Hi,
There's only one error in my ebook [promotion deleted - MODERATOR] was launched with Sigil :
The <itemref> element's "idref" attribute is pointing to an <item> with id="coverpage.xhtml" which does not exist in the <manifest>.

Can you tell me what it means knowing that everything looks OK when I read it with Lucidor or Calibre (even the image on the cover - the only one image in the book)?
Thanks

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-04-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Vincent3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #72
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent3m View Post
Hi,
There's only one error in my ebook [promotion deleted - MODERATOR] was launched with Sigil :
The <itemref> element's "idref" attribute is pointing to an <item> with id="coverpage.xhtml" which does not exist in the <manifest>.

Can you tell me what it means knowing that everything looks OK when I read it with Lucidor or Calibre (even the image on the cover - the only one image in the book)?
Thanks
That tells me that the FILE coverpage.xhtml no longer exists, (there may be a cover, but not with that name). This may be a stale entry (happens sometime, even using Sigil to edit. Just happened to me.), delete that line from the OPF

the Manifest section id= should use the same name as idref=

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote