Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
JoshLessard
Enthusiast
JoshLessard began at the beginning.

Device: Nook or Kindle 3???
Where is the Nook made?

Does anyone know what country the Nook is manufactured in? I'm trying to figure out how much duty and taxes I'll get nailed with if I buy one in the US and bring it back to Canada. Apparently there is no duty if it was manufactured in the US, Canada or Mexico (although I'll still have to pay both US and Canadian taxes).

Thanks.
JoshLessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's made in China, almost without a doubt.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
JoshLessard
Enthusiast
JoshLessard began at the beginning.

Device: Nook or Kindle 3???
That's what I was thinking, but was looking for solid proof. Perhaps the B&N forums would be a better place to ask...
JoshLessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm sure that someone here can answer you, but I honestly cannot think of any bookreader that's not made in China.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Mine said "Assembled in China" on the box. I, too, cannot think of any reader that is not made in China or Taiwan - it's a shame Chinese people have to pay at least twice the price with the nook we get in the US for a device that is much poorly designed and less solidly built. Neither the Kindle nor the nook is available in China.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
I do not believe you will be paying duty when bringing a Nook to Canada from the States. You might be paying tax though (GST/PST/HST...). But I think there is a personal exempt how much you can bring back with you depending on the lenght of your stay...

Try this website: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5056-eng.html

Last edited by Thrasher; 06-28-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote