Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
serige
serige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350
Mantano reader for T1

Hi,
I am looking for a functional Mantano reader for my T1.
Here is what the Wiki says:
"Mantano coudn't install (Could be installed after decompiling it with android-apktool, change installation target, compile it and sign it after)"

Based on the hint, I used Mantano 1.6.6 and tried to recompile the output from apktool with android-8 (android 2.2) target, it only failed to build under Android SDK with a bunch of no resource found errors.
Can anyone give me more details what exactly needed to do in order to install Mantano?

Thanks a lot.
serige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Dwaalspoor98
Dwaalspoor98 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Hi I have added those notes and I was lazy, added instructions to the Wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...llation_target
Dwaalspoor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
The Market says it's not compatible with my device. Where did you guys get the apk?

UPDATE: I'll answer my own question:
http://slideme.org/application/mantano-reader-free

Last edited by darseno; 02-10-2012 at 10:25 AM.
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
serige
serige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enough

I used Titaniumback up to grab the apk from my Cyanogen7Modded Touchpad. You don't even need to buy the full version, the in-app abs won't appear if you have your wifi turned off
you also need to make about 22MB of free space in order to install this app.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by serige View Post
Does it worth it?
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
Does it worth it?
I would also ask the same question.

How does Mantano compare to Sony's default app?

Does it have the following features:

- No animations
- Support for the PRS-T1 hardware buttons
- Fullscreen (no status bar)
- Continuous page mode
- Autocropping
- Manual cropping
- Separate cropping for even/odd pages

I don't want to go through the trouble of installing it (which seems to be quite difficult) only to find out it doesn't do what I want.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
darseno
Connoisseur

Would anyone be willing to make the modified apk available via Dropbox or some other file-sharing service, for those of us who can't or don't want to follow the steps described in the Wiki?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by serige View Post
I used Titaniumback up to grab the apk from my Cyanogen7Modded Touchpad. You don't even need to buy the full version, the in-app abs won't appear if you have your wifi turned off
Hi,
I'm trying to install Mantano in my Sony Prs-T1.
So I read your post and installed Titaniumback up in my Sony. If I understood you well, I have to use Titanium to take the mantano.apk from a PC or any device outside the Sony and copying into the Sony. Then, this copy in the Sony Prs-T1 can be installed without problems.

The question is I don't know how to get outside the Sony with Titaniumback up to copy the Mantano apk from my PC. The thing is don't have wi-fi at home and I do all the copies of books from my PC using the USB connexion.
Well, may be I understood everything wrong.

I would appreciate very much some help.
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #9
serige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talayero View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to install Mantano in my Sony Prs-T1.
So I read your post and installed Titaniumback up in my Sony. If I understood you well, I have to use Titanium to take the mantano.apk from a PC or any device outside the Sony and copying into the Sony. Then, this copy in the Sony Prs-T1 can be installed without problems.

The question is I don't know how to get outside the Sony with Titaniumback up to copy the Mantano apk from my PC. The thing is don't have wi-fi at home and I do all the copies of books from my PC using the USB connexion.
Well, may be I understood everything wrong.

I would appreciate very much some help.
I am not quite sure if I understand what you are trying to do.
So, you have the modified apk in your pc but weren't able to put it into the T1?
If your T1 is rooted, then you should be able to copy any file into your T1:

Once you connect the T1 to your PC via USB, you should be able to see the T1 prompt you to turn on USB storage, and after you turn on USB storage, your pc should be able recognize the T1 as a storage device. After you copy the apk into the T1, you can use rootexplorer to locate the apk and install montano.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talayero View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to install Mantano in my Sony Prs-T1...
titanium backup is used to backup apps already installed in any android device,so you don't need it.

if you have have hte modified apk of mantano, just copy it to the sdcard or internal memory of the t1, unplug it from the pc and then browse on the device to the place you put the apk (you have to root your device)
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
Cordula
Cordula began at the beginning.

Hi, I'd like to use Mantano on my PRS-T1 as well. Actually that is one of the reasons I even got the reader (nook is not available in my country). However, I've failed following each of the three methods hinted at in the wiki and almost bricked my device on the way.

Long story short, I have the same question as darseno:
Can anyone provide me with a link to the modified apk?
Cordula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #12
Cordula

And concerning the question if Mantano is worth the pains of freeing 22 MB:
Depending on what you want, it definitely is.
I tried the app on my android phone and it has one huge advantage over the built-in sony reader. I have to work a lot with pdfs based on book-scans. After you OCR the text on your PC, Mantano allows you to add highlights and notes while you are in landscape mode and zoomed in. The sony reader (of course still way better than what the kindle touch has to offer) will only let you do that when you are in the regular page view, which is quite annoying if the font is rather small and you highlight a lot, which I do.

However, if you are not working with book scans and do not want to highlight a lot, the sony reader will probably do.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
there is no need to modify the apk, if you have the rupor root package + the app2sd addon you van install it normally

i'm trying it and it's very nice
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
Cordula

Thanks for the info.

I actually did try simply installing it, but it didn't work for me.
Anyway, next week I'll reset, reroot and retry.

And if it can be confirmed that it works that way, maybe the wiki should be modified?