Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Image sizing in ePub

Is there a way in ePub to make it such that an image sizes up to the full size of the image but once it hits the full size, it stop sizing?

So if the screen was a resolution of 600x800 and the image was 500x900 that the image would be sized to fit the 800 lines but on a screen of 768x1024, it would display at 100% without going over.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there a way in ePub to make it such that an image sizes up to the full size of the image but once it hits the full size, it stop sizing?

So if the screen was a resolution of 600x800 and the image was 500x900 that the image would be sized to fit the 800 lines but on a screen of 768x1024, it would display at 100% without going over.
In the CSS;
set Max-width and Max-height values for the block that contains the Image.
SVG has its own version.
My first rule is: Maintain aspect Ratio (I hate stretched images)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In the CSS;
set Max-width and Max-height values for the block that contains the Image.
SVG has its own version.
My first rule is: Maintain aspect Ratio (I hate stretched images)
Full screen covers that aren't full screen really bug me. 510x680 bugs me too. Thanks to MS Reader we have that off-aspect cover size sometimes.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
I actually make the cover image 600x860px
And css it to 95%

I like having a nice white border around it.

I hate having a stretched image...
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
I actually make the cover image 600x860px
And css it to 95%

I like having a nice white border around it.

I hate having a stretched image...
If it is a commercial eBook I'm adding in a cover for, I try to find a hi-res cover image and if I do and it's larger then 1024 lines, I reduce it to 1024 lines keeping the proper aspect ratio of course. Then I use that image for the cover.