Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #31
Dr. T
Edge User

Thank you both very much. This is very helpful information. Again, sorry for my dumb questions!

Old 11-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #32
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
Again, sorry for my dumb questions!
Not dumb at all. The security of one's personal information, and the stability of one's devices, is a valid concern

Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #33
Carrie
Edge User

Thank you ahead of time I have learned so much, but I cannot find out how to delete or uninstall apps that once installed you discover not what you thought it was. Just got my pocket r
today.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:02 AM   #34
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
....I cannot find out how to delete or uninstall apps that once installed you discover not what you thought it was.
today.
Go to 'Settings', tap 'applications', tap 'manage applications'.
Then tap the app you want to delete and then choose 'uninstall'.
This works on the large eDGe, but I assume it 's the same on the Pocket eDGe. Have fun!

Old 12-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #35
Carrie
Edge User

Thanks I am off to experiment !

Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #36
JoeJags
Edge User

Just a quick message.......I have had a Pandigital Novel with 2.0, and then 2.1, and have it rendered now as a true open source Android tablet........there are MANY places to get .apk files online.......such as www.androidfreeware.org.......you just download them to your sd card and then install them on your tablet.......I suggest everyone start with one called Apps Installer and another named Quick Uninstaller.......this makes it SO EASY to install and uninstall apps as often as you want to try different ones.......NOW......I have no experience with the Pocket Edge, but from what I understand, all versions of Android are basically the same.......so long as the app works with the version of Android that you are using, you should be good.......other faves (not sure if any of these work with Android 1.6), but if they do, these are some of the best I've found..........Skyfire.......TuneIn Radio.......Blackmoon FileBrowser.......SlideMe.......SmartBar.......Off iceSuite........I hope any of this helps.......I am getting a Pocket Edge in the next couple of weeks.......I hope it works out as well as my Pan. Novel has (once I got all of the hacking mods from SlateDroid tried and figured out what works well).......if anyone has any questions I might be able to help with, just let me know.......

Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #37
canezila
Edge User

@ JoeJags, Can you point me in the right direction on how you got 2.1 on your Pandigital? Is it through their website? Or did you put on a different OS? Is thier updates now Android 2.1??