Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
alan110112
alan110112 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX?
DX Sim change

Hi to all
I've received one week ago my new Kindle DX and now I'm trying to let it do something nice.

I've already installed Duokan and usbNetwork hack.
I'm able to have a shell via telnet but not via ssh.
I've read more and more topics and now I'm asking you a little help

I want to change the Amazon sim with my own personal sim, in which I have a 3G traffic subscription.
This is becouse I want to surf the web freedom without passing for amazon restricted proxy, and not for breaking of Amazon TOS.

Any help for access kindle via SFTP client or for change sim? in advance for any reply!
alan110112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan110112 View Post
Hi to all
I've received one week ago my new Kindle DX and now I'm trying to let it do something nice.

I've already installed Duokan and usbNetwork hack.
I'm able to have a shell via telnet but not via ssh.
I've read more and more topics and now I'm asking you a little help

I want to change the Amazon sim with my own personal sim, in which I have a 3G traffic subscription.
This is becouse I want to surf the web freedom without passing for amazon restricted proxy, and not for breaking of Amazon TOS.

Any help for access kindle via SFTP client or for change sim? in advance for any reply!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...74#post1771974
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
alan110112

Already read before opemning this thread. I edited some files in vi editor, but I think there is a better way to edit kindle system files without re-write them entirely. (ssh? sftp?)
With SFTP I can do a complete system backup before editing it, but filezilla (SFTP) don't access on the kindle with ip 192.168.2.2 and root username.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
but I think there is a better way to edit kindle system files without re-write them entirely. (ssh? sftp?)
Yes.
You can use ssh. Search on this forum (Developer's Corner)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
alan110112

I've searched but most topics about ssh explicate how to have an ssh access via wifi... but DX is the only kindle without wifi :/
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I've searched but most topics about ssh explicate how to have an ssh access via wifi... but DX is the only kindle without wifi :/
there is also a way through usb like this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...82#post1773682
also: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29#post1709529

Last edited by thomass; 11-14-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Tags
change, kindle, kindle dx, sim, ssh