Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
alban
Enthusiast
alban began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Readability Hack - U007 error with working JB

K3GB3.3
Hi
I have the latest JB installed and Freedownload works OK. LP also working OK. Tried to install Neftaly's Readability hack but updating is interrupted by this error message. Is the hack not compat with 3.3FW or the latest JB?
Any ideas? I just put the bin file (correct one) in the root and update. There's an src folder with files in it which I tried in the root dir also but that didn't solve it.
alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
alban
Enthusiast

Reading around I think it needs the USBnet. hack to get something called httpd running....? Prob a bit risky for me!
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
In linkjail/etc/whitelist add full update.bin name. I had the very same issue and it worked.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
alban
Enthusiast

Thanks.
I tried putting in the full name, and that only, but it still didn't update. Apart from
update_readabilitymod_0.1_k3gb_install.bin
is there anything else I should put in the whitelist line?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alban View Post
Thanks.
I tried putting in the full name, and that only, but it still didn't update. Apart from
update_readabilitymod_0.1_k3gb_install.bin
is there anything else I should put in the whitelist line?
not like this.
just add
Code:
update_readabilitymod
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
alban
Enthusiast

Hi thomass
I replaced the line with what you wrote but still the same error. Do I need USBnetworking hack or something?
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alban View Post
Hi thomass
I replaced the line with what you wrote but still the same error. Do I need USBnetworking hack or something?
nothing else is needed. motivation for update method is to avoid from such editing. Sorry, I have no idea about your issue.

Maybe it's about your jailbreak. Did you try to install another hack recently?
Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
alban
Enthusiast

Quote:
Maybe it's about your jailbreak. Did you try to install another hack recently?
Yes I've installed LP and some of the custom .inis over the last few days. Also Freedownload. Duokan added a few months ago. That's it. They all seem to work OK.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
alban
Enthusiast

Heh it worked! I saw that a strange greyed-out zero was missing from the end of the line but was present at the end of all the other lines and adding it to thomass's script did the trick.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
thomass
Wizard

I'm happy to see that you could solve it

BTW to avoid such problem you should use an app other than notepad.
I recommend notepad++ for windows