Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
\Fantasy
\Fantasy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Comic Conversion - Grey Background

Hi,
when converting my Manga files to epub with Calibre and checking the "leave-aspect-ratio-unchanged"-box (because otherwise the pictures become way too distorted), Calibre fills the resulting void in the epub (the space that isn't filled out by the picture - in my case the space to the left and the right of the (centered) picture) with a slightly greyish tone.
But the Mangas I read have a white background and thus it looks very weird. I have tried to find a way to change this color to white, but there didn't seem to be an option for that.
Is there any way to change it to white?
Thank you very much,
\Fantasy
\Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are probably one of those unfortunates affected by the strange imagemagick bug that turns white into yellow on windows. I thought I had implemented workarounds for all the instances of it in calibre, but I probably forgot one for comics. Will be fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
\Fantasy
\Fantasy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi,
I have converted it again, but this time without turning the color to black/white and you are right. The "void space" is now a bright yellow.
I hope it will not be too much trouble to fix it.
Thank you very much,
\Fantasy
\Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote