Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Review of HighScreen Alex

Spring Design Alex will be sold under the brand HighScreen in Russia.
The-ebook.org got a hold of the device which will be presented on September 2nd at the Knigabyte expo in Moscow.
The review in Russian, Google translation.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's an interesting concept, but I'm not at all sure about the shape - too long and thin. I'll be interested to learn more after the presentation on 2nd September.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Let me tell you what's there: a nook for the price of two.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Since I have one I feel qualified to comment: that odd shape is actually very well-balanced and comfortable to hold for long periods of time, at least for me and my little arthritic thumbs. It's my favorite eReader right now, and if Spring Design produces an Alex with a Pearl screen I'll upgrade. I'll wince when I see the bill, though.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 AM   #5
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Grammata is taking Alex preorders for Spain since May, at the outrageous 449 € price (yeah, 567 dollars). Ebookreaderstore.nl is taking preorders for Netherlands at the outrageous 399 € price.

So, I have 2 questions:

1) where the f**k are these Alex readers?

2) Is Spring Design going bankrupt a) this year; b) next year; c) or in a couple of years? choose your answer.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 03:45 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Let me tell you what's there: a nook for the price of two.
If you read the article you'll see that it can do rather more than the Nook; the LCD screen can be used for video, for example.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alex, highscreen, spring design