Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
tecgeo
tecgeo began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, iPad, kindle3, Kobo Clara
New member but longtime ebook reader

Hi

I just registered. I have been an ebook reader for a long time on the Palm platform - in mobi, ereader and Palmdoc formats. I am looking to move to a new device and considering the iphone. i am bothered by the apparent lack of support for iphone by Mobipocket but I don't want to have to use multiple devices for reading if possible. Any suggestions on how I can avoid losing my invested library of secure Mobipocket books would be welcomed.
tecgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
Well, I don't know if this is really what you're looking for but you could get the Bookeen Cybook gen3. I personally don't own one but my understanding of it is that it will read the formats you want. You can read about it here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Bookeen_Cybook_Gen3. Oh by the way, Welcome!
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tecgeo and welcome to MobileRead. I have both a Sony 505 and an iPhone. And, when ever possible, I load the same book on both. I prefer reading on the Sony (bigger screen, easier on the eyes, etc) but I always have my iPhone with me.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, tecgeo.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome to MobileRead tecgeo from another Vancouverite.

The The famous eBook Reader Matrix from the MobileRead wiki is a good source to compare eBook readers, and to narrow down your selection to those that read secure Mobipocket. I only have SONY's so I'm not sure how to give access to your existing Mobipocket library to a new device, but someone here will.

Enjoy the board.

WetDogEared
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Yaaay Vancouver! I don't live there (but we've thought about it- husband is Canadian), but I love it. I can't help you with your question, but I'll cheer on your town. Welcome to the forum!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
tecgeo
tecgeo began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, iPad, kindle3, Kobo Clara
Thanks GraceKrispy and to all who have welcomed me. This seems like a great site from the little time I have spent so far. I have been looking at the Cybook but a dedicated reader device seems expensive compared to a multifunction PDA or a smartphone that has other uses. I'm pretty unused to forum posting also - more of a browser of everyone's ideas on various topics.

Vancouver is a great city - a fabulously beautiful place but pricey. I actually live in Maple Ridge and commute.
tecgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecgeo View Post
Vancouver is a great city - a fabulously beautiful place but pricey. I actually live in Maple Ridge and commute.

My fil lived in Pitt Meadows for a while. He commuted to Vancouver for his job and I thought that was just too far
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote