Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
How to register another Kindle to my account?

Apologies if this is a silly question, but I cannot see an obvious way to register my wife's Kindle to my Amazon account....! It was bought over the counter in the States, and was registered in her name and assigned her own Amazon email address, but up to now it has not been active in buying books, and thus has no Amazon account linked to it.

I now want to add it to my own existing Amazon (Kindle) account so that she can buy books etc. using that one joint account. Er, how?
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
This should be no problem.

The first step is for your wife to de-register the Kindle from her account. She can do this from the Kindle itself, or from the Manage Your Kindle page on the Amazon site.

Once she's done that, you can register the Kindle to your own account. Again, do that either from the device or from Manage Your Kindle.

If the device has never been registered to anyone, just go ahead and register it to yourself. Have you tried doing that? Have you come up against a problem?

Note added later:
I've just checked the Manage Your Kindle page, and I can no longer see how to register your device on that page. Maybe the system has changed since I last did it. But you can definitely register and de-register from the device itself. For step-by-step instructions, see http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...=200505460#reg

Mike

Last edited by Mike L; 02-04-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
I was going to ask a similar question but thought its better to combine here.

After deregistering, what is the best way to wipe it? Reset to factory defaults? Should I do this before or after deregistering?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
I was going to ask a similar question but thought its better to combine here.

After deregistering, what is the best way to wipe it? Reset to factory defaults? Should I do this before or after deregistering?
If you're just moving to another account there's no need to wipe it. Any books from the previous account that on the Kindle will still work when you register it to the new account.

If it's exchanging hands a Factory reset with WiFi on will wipe the device and deregister it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Great thanks. Yes thinking of selling it.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert