Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Browse Folder options instead of Calibre Collections?

On my 650 with PRS+ I can organize books into folders and browse them directly using PRS+. Is it possible to do something similar on a T1? I don't like using Calibre style collections. I'm willing to root the device if necessary.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I was just looking at my T1, and it looks like you will have to root it to have direct folder access like how you described.
At least, I couldn't find a way to do that...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I imagine if I root it I could add a file explorer app, and then an a 3rd party e-reader app that I can use with it. That's if the T1 doesn't blow up. The more I read about customizing this device the less impressed I am with it. It seems complicated and easy to brick. Maybe a Nook would be better.

If only there was a PRS+ for the T1 / T2. *sigh*
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Rizla
As far as I follow the treads at the-ebook.org, I would say there are some very well made packages from amutin and rupor. (See links here)
Both packages bring all you need to read - e.g. Amutin: CoolReader / ColorDict

The problems starts when people try to make tablets out of there T1/T2. Messing with partitions a.s.o.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
If you plug it in you can use windoze explorer to look at the folders structure but apart from that you are stuck with "collections" which have no real relationship to the physical layout ... on the device so unless you want to root with the risks that entails....the T1 software considers all supported books to be in one big folder.. btw that doesn't stop you dragging 'n dropping folders of books onto the device and it will be stored on the device as a folder but the software will just see it as a list of books.....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Rizla
As far as I follow the treads at the-ebook.org, I would say there are some very well made packages from amutin and rupor. (See links here)
Both packages bring all you need to read - e.g. Amutin: CoolReader / ColorDict

The problems starts when people try to make tablets out of there T1/T2. Messing with partitions a.s.o.
Mark, thanks for the links. I will read them. This is what I was looking for.