Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Losing Chapter Breaks

Hi, I have a epub book with chapter breaks, but when I convert to mobi, I no longer have the chapter breaks. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to do something extra so I have the chapter breaks.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's viewer does not support page breaks in MOBI. Open your MOBI file using the Kindle Previewer program or view it on an actual Kindle.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre's viewer does not support page breaks in MOBI. Open your MOBI file using the Kindle Previewer program or view it on an actual Kindle.
That's what I meant, on my Kindle the chapter breaks aren't there.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you mean there are page breaks in your epub that are not present in the converted MOBI, then you should open a bug report and attach your epub to it.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Bittybye
Addict

The formatting of the pages are fine, it's just chapter breaks. Sometimes I like to skip to a specific chapter and chapter breaks is the easiest way to do this. The epub I bought had the breaks, but when I converted there were none.
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont understand what you mean by a chapter break? A table of contents entry?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Bittybye
Addict

Chapter markers? Where you can use the 5 arrow key to skip from chapter to chapter.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah you mean the chapter navigation. Whether that works for a given conversion depends on many things, the most important of which are:

1) You have to set your output profile to kindle

2) The chapters in the TOC in the input document have to be in the same order as they appear in the book itself.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
Bittybye
Addict

As far as I can see it's no different from any other time I've converted a book with chapter navigation and had no problem.

Sorry to be such a bother, you've created a wonderful program that's idiot proof, except for me.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Look at the conversion log that will tell you why there are no chapter navpoints.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
Bittybye
Addict

Still nothing, I guess I'll just have to do without them. Thanks for trying to help me.